Post pic of your broody hens

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by justin24, Sep 10, 2011.

1. justin24

justin24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    memphis tn
    tis is my broody hen breed to a gray rooster [​IMG] this is the rooster she is breed to [​IMG] is some today pics[​IMG]this my hen sitting[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    We won't see this around my house anymore. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. justin24

Jan 30, 2011
    memphis tn
    why my hen just went broody

4. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Do Broody Pullets count? [​IMG]

I have an interesting story: I bought a bantam frizzle chick on July 18 of this year for 4.00 from a local sale. Didn't know it's age, and hoped it was a girl. Well, I had to sell a couple of chicks her size and it left her all alone. I named her Cora and she was lonely... so, I hatched a few polish chicks about 3 weeks ago and on a whim (on a whim is how I usually operate [​IMG] ) I put her in the brooder with the polish little ones. At first she pecked a little, but before long she was encouraging them to eat and the next thing I know, here she is:

[​IMG]

She was probably only about 5-6 weeks old when I got her, so by my calculations, she is now 13-14 weeks old and nowhere near mature... she is also fairly smallish but is big girl "buk a bucking" rather than baby peeping... she's a surrogate mommie [​IMG]

5. abercrombie575

abercrombie575 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. justin24

Jan 30, 2011
    memphis tn
    wow that neat

7. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    BigDaddy'sGurl :

Do Broody Pullets count? [​IMG]

I have an interesting story: I bought a bantam frizzle chick on July 18 of this year for 4.00 from a local sale. Didn't know it's age, and hoped it was a girl. Well, I had to sell a couple of chicks her size and it left her all alone. I named her Cora and she was lonely... so, I hatched a few polish chicks about 3 weeks ago and on a whim (on a whim is how I usually operate [​IMG] ) I put her in the brooder with the polish little ones. At first she pecked a little, but before long she was encouraging them to eat and the next thing I know, here she is:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/63116_101_2111.jpg

She was probably only about 5-6 weeks old when I got her, so by my calculations, she is now 13-14 weeks old and nowhere near mature... she is also fairly smallish but is big girl "buk a bucking" rather than baby peeping... she's a surrogate mommie [​IMG]

Ahh thats the cutest picture I have ever seen. The baby peeking out is priceless. Here is a picture of mine in April with her first brood. She is on another clutch due to hatch this weekend.
    [​IMG]

8. justin24

Jan 30, 2011
    memphis tn
    abercrombie575
    Out Of The Brooder

what kind of hen is that

9. justin24

Jan 30, 2011
    memphis tn
    sheila3935
    Golden Feather Member

awl so cute

10. silky_3699

silky_3699 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    My Own Realm!!!
    This is my broody, Goldy, who is a bantam buff orpington. she is sitting on 13 eggs. 6 of wich are silkies.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by