Post pics of your adolescent SLW and GLW!!

SpringChickens

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 1, 2009
Lexington, KY
I have some 5-week-old SLW chicks which don't seem to have much "lacing". They have a small white line through some of their feathers, but are mostly black. Is this standard? I keep waiting for them to get more white, but it doesn't seem to be happening...

I'd love to see your chicks during their awkward adolescence state!

I only have one SLW and one GLW. My birds are about 17 weeks and I think there was a phase where there was very limited lacing, but I don't think I have pictures. The SLW now has a lot of very heavy lacing, but the GLW has minimal lacing on her sides, and double lacing on her back. It's interesting, but I guess it can be very individual as to markings. Mine are hatchery stock, so that's what I blame it on.

This is Sylvia a hatchery pullet
This is not a very good pic of her, she is on the left and is about 4 1/2 weeks old
38001_img_0364.jpg

This is her again at 10 weeks
38001_img_0531.jpg

This is Buttercup -- about 5-6 weeks old, from the feed store, but they came from Ideal. Her sister Daisy, does not show as much lacing yet, but also does not look as developed. I've posted Buttercup under the 'which gender' question and got mixed opinions.

56974_buttercup_5wks_side.jpg

Back
Top Bottom