Post pics of your adolescent SLW and GLW!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SpringChickens, Jun 20, 2010.

1. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    I have some 5-week-old SLW chicks which don't seem to have much "lacing". They have a small white line through some of their feathers, but are mostly black. Is this standard? I keep waiting for them to get more white, but it doesn't seem to be happening...

I'd love to see your chicks during their awkward adolescence state!

2. Dora'smom

Dora'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2009
    Oregon
    I only have one SLW and one GLW. My birds are about 17 weeks and I think there was a phase where there was very limited lacing, but I don't think I have pictures. The SLW now has a lot of very heavy lacing, but the GLW has minimal lacing on her sides, and double lacing on her back. It's interesting, but I guess it can be very individual as to markings. Mine are hatchery stock, so that's what I blame it on.

3. wannabe_goatmom

wannabe_goatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Wellington KY
    This is Sylvia a hatchery pullet
    This is not a very good pic of her, she is on the left and is about 4 1/2 weeks old
    [​IMG]

This is her again at 10 weeks
    [​IMG]

4. SB Austex

SB Austex Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2010
    Austin
    This is Buttercup -- about 5-6 weeks old, from the feed store, but they came from Ideal. Her sister Daisy, does not show as much lacing yet, but also does not look as developed. I've posted Buttercup under the 'which gender' question and got mixed opinions.

[​IMG]

5. SB Austex

SB Austex Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2010
    Austin
    Here is Daisy (on the left). Much less color.

[​IMG]

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

7. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Quote:don't you mean Sylvester?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by