Post Pics Of Your Duck Nests And Post Pics Of Your Ducklings That Are Hatched Naturally Thread

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lcw1995, Feb 25, 2012.

1. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    i think all of us "duck people" would love to see others peoples pictures
    so post as many as you want
    thanks to any one who contributes
    cole

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  2. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    [​IMG]
    This is not the nest but this is a picture of mom and babies :D

3. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    nice picture "ilovemyduckies"
    thannks for posting

4. crazyduckmom

crazyduckmom Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2012
    Southern Minnesota
    Here's a pic of mine at 6 days old. They were hatched naturally on January 15th by their mom. They are a mix between a Pekin and a Snowy duck I believe. Their parents are owned by my fiances aunt and uncle. This was the first night we had them home,
    [​IMG]
    Here they are at 4 weeks old, The white-ish yellow one on the far left now has developed a gray-ish black-ish brown marking on the top of his head. (I call it a helmet since he's so big he could be a football player) and on his back starting behind his wings to his tail feathers has similar markings as the little brown-ish female he is sitting next to.
    [​IMG]
    They're 6 weeks old now and I cannot believe how big they have gotten. I need to get some updates pictures tonight after their bath time. I'll post those pics so you can see how much their markings have changed.

5. Mike Winters

Mike Winters Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    [​IMG]

6. casslarrabee225

casslarrabee225 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Mid-Coast, Maine
    My Coop
    Not the BEST picture, but the only one I have right now. This is my female Khaki sitting on her (12) eggs. They are DTH around March 14th, somewhere around that time. :eek:)

[​IMG]

7. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012

Your KHAKI duck went broody???? I thought they were really unlikely to go broody. I had a pekin go broody last year but a KHAKI CAMPBELL? Lucky you :D

8. casslarrabee225

casslarrabee225 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Mid-Coast, Maine
    My Coop
    I KNOW!! [​IMG] It's so exciting! I didn't think she would end up going broody either! I have an incubator as a back up cause I wasn't expecting her to. But she is really doing an amazing job with them! [​IMG]

9. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    I had a khaki go broody last summer. She first sat on 30 eggs. Once they started hatching, she would push the babies out of the nest (it was in a nest box about a foot off the ground). So she didn't make a very good mother! I ended up taking the eggs and letting the rest hatch in the incubator. She stayed broody though and sat on another 30 eggs for me.
    Then I had a khaki make a nest under my coop. When I found it it had 56 eggs in it! This was back in December, so I ended up throwing the eggs out. Some were frozen and cracked, others had already started to ooze and stink. So whoever said Khakis aren't broody ducks, they were incorrect!
    Here's a picture of here:
    [​IMG]

Here are some pics of my muscovies. Her nest is in an old dog house. She hatched 2 clutches last fall.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This hen made a nest in a barrel I cut the end off of. She had a hard time hatching though, only 5 out of 15 eggs hatched. She wasn't a consistent setter.
    [​IMG]

And here's my Cayuga, she made a nest, set for a few weeks, then abandoned it so the eggs went in the incubator.
    [​IMG]

10. Mike Winters

Mike Winters Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    cute

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by