1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

post PICS of your favorite chickens! ALL PETS WELCOME!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by KattyKillFish, May 7, 2009.

1. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    i want to see pictures of your favorite chickens. they can be very fun affectionate pets and some of them have such interesting habits!

i would LOVE to hear about your favorite chicken! what's his/her name? tell me a bit about him/her. what does it like to do? what are it's favorite treats?

here is mine!

Name: Shenanigan II
    Breed: Silver Phoenix roo
    favorite treat: nong shim noodles! hold the spice.

he loves chasing his younger sister around the yard! he's a little brat. he pretends to be a tough guy and isn't afraid to stand up to my older rooster, who runs from him in terror! despite his mean disposition, when he is scared or cold, or just plain lonely, he will come right up to me and jump on my shoulder for some company. he is very talkative and active.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  2. KattyKillFish

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    what's the matter? no one wants to show of their favorite chicken?

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  3. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a blue bantam cochin roo that is absolutely adorable. he will crow when you talk to him and will follow you around. he is absolutely tame and loves to be picked up. my other chickens will let you pick them up but sometimes you have to chase them. he comes up to you to catch him. his favorite spot is the door sill of the coop. he will sit there in the morning and when it rains. all of my birds are handled a lot and most were raised from chicks, but none are this nice. he is just too cool

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. KattyKillFish

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    wow! blue cochins are so pretty! i've never had great luck with getting nice, tame, well-mannered roos.

i bet he's really nice to have around [​IMG]

5. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    Names: Eve & Stella
    Breed: Buff Orps.
    Favorite treat: Grass & Apple slices

[​IMG]

These two pullets are my favorites right now.....They are so cute & funny. They can't get enough of my attention, just sweethearts!

6. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    I'm posting twice here...I have more then one fav:)
    Name: Maybell
    Breed: Barred Rock
    Favorite Treat: Apples & Broccoli

[​IMG]

She's a character, she's the most friendly lovable creature.....she follows me everywhere and loves to be pet and will sit on my lap if I let her. She might not be pretty, but she's great![​IMG]

7. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Name: unsure yet.
    Breed: Buff Orp.
    Favorite treat: egg yolk and plain yogurt
    This one always hops up onto my lap and will fall asleep.
    [​IMG]

8. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Here are a few of my favorite feathered kids:
    This is Pip. Pip is a 4 1/2 week old Sebright, and I suspect is a rooster as he likes to confront my Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster, Sir Wyandotte who is in the next picture. Pip is about the sweetest little thing ever. The moment I pick him up he roosts, whether it be on my finger, my shoulder, or in my lap. When the other birds are playing, he prefers to sit with me and get scratched behind the ear. He's a sweet baby. I pray he stays this sweet in years to come.

My Pip:
    [​IMG]

Here is Sir Wyandotte:
    [​IMG]

Here is Buddy, another rooster (seems I'm bonding well with the boys!). He's the same age as the others. He's a bantam Barred Cochin:
    [​IMG]
    And here are 3 of my babies together. This is Buddy the Barred Cochin with another of my roos, Abner the Splash Cochin, and my pretty Silkie Heidi. We don't know what Heidi is yet as far as sex goes:
    [​IMG]

It's hard to have just one favorite when I have so many great birds. I can't wait to see everyone else's favorites!

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  9. KattyKillFish

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    wow, the buff orps look so sweet [​IMG]

and tamvan i think your barred rocks are pretty! i wouldn't mind having a few but my mom doesn't like them [​IMG] she says they're too fat. i think she had a bad experience with my dad's family's barred rock roo who is the devil himself (hence the name Mr. Satan)

and it's so hard to have a favorite! my nephew seems to like Shinanigan II's little sister who has a much sweeter disposition.

can't wait to see more! [​IMG]

10. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

Lil Red and his Barred rock buddy. They wait by the fence everyday for me to come pet them and let them out to play sometimes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but my ducks are my absolute favorites [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by