Post pics of your horses

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by equine chick, May 30, 2008.

1. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    We haven't done this for a while so posts pics of your horses.
    Here is some of mine
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    This is my horse, Palomino, or Pal for short... really, that's his name, I wanted to name him Sand dollar, but mum got to him first! Me, looking really worn out and terrible at a local horse show, at which I placed 1st in one class, 2nd in two, and got a couple 3rds and 4ths. Pal is a Haflinger X Belgian [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And we had this big guy for a little while, but he kept busting down the fencing at the farm out west, and he like... ate the inside of our barn! So we had to sell him, shame really... big sweet guy, percheron cross.

[​IMG]

3. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Well, this is technically cross-posted from another thread I did the other day, but you asked for it! Mine are all Arabians:

My current "most photogenic" horse is my grey stallion, Victor. He's very showy, but a 20-lb. poodle can whup him. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Victor is the son of the first great horse love of my life, THIS stallion, Montrachet, who passed away year before last at age 25.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Montrachet was also the sire of my fabulous boy Misha, who is the Best Horse In The World, and my all-time favorite. He is my "heart" horse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only mare on the place is the lovely Kate. She's wild as a mustang, but beautiful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This spring, Kate and Victor presented us with THIS little firecracker, as yet unnamed--it's a filly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We also have a lovely little black foundation Shetland pony, Magic (ignore the herding poodle):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And we no longer own this baby--she's back with Magic's breeder being shown at halter, but she was DARN cute, was little Lulu:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    This is Cupid's Majestic Lynx, aka Magic, my paint.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also own two yearling mule foals, Joker (the dark one) and Canya (the spotted one),
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a pony, Sasha, I bought for my nephews,
    [​IMG]

And pics of the mules as babies,
    Joker, with mom Midnight,
    [​IMG]
    And Canya,
    [​IMG]

5. prariechiken

prariechiken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    Midwest
    Norfleets Comanche...(stallion, APHA)

[​IMG]

6. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    LOVE the "pawprints" on that stallion! Also, I'd like to come pick up Canya now, please, and take him home with me! [​IMG]

7. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    My tobaino sweetheart is also a norfleet(mr norfleet). I've never seen a paint with norfleet bloodlines that was not drop dead gorgeous.
    Quote:

8. tnkinhunting

tnkinhunting Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    East Tennessee
    I love the Arabs - beyond gorgeous!!!!! I had Arabs twenty year's ago and I still miss them.

9. prariechiken

prariechiken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    Midwest
    Quote:
    Mr. Norfleet was Comanche's sire.....

10. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Our horses are related how cool. Mr norfleet was actually her grandfather. Her dad is Norfleets class act. Her name is Ima classy sweetheart. I would have named her after norfleet but the breeder named her but she lives up to her name. She is just 4 and still growing I think.

Last edited: May 31, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by