Post Pics of Your IDEAL Poultry Bantams!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Gresh, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Gresh

Gresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hey, everyone!

After hearing multiple stories about good experiences with IDEAL, and after realizing that a lot of my initial displeasure with IDEAL was based on "beginner's ignorance," I have begun to consider buying from IDEAL sometime in the future. [​IMG]

I'm having some indecisiveness in what breed to pick (there's just too many!!!). I have thought about Brown Leghorns, Buff Leghorns, Black Sumatras, Cubalayas, and Kraienkoppes, but since I am limited on how many chickens I can keep, my choices keep leaning on the Bantam side of things.

I am considering the following bantams from IDEAL: Black Sumatras, S.C. White Leghorns, or Black Breasted Red Old English Games. Do any of you guys have pictures that you can post of these bantams from IDEAL? It will help me in my decisions.

But I don't want to confine this thread just to the aforesaid bantam breeds. I'd like to make this an "IDEAL Bantam Thread" [​IMG] So if you've got pics of IDEAL bantams, please post them here, along with your experience with IDEAL in general!

God bless,
    ~Gresh~

2. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

Here is a pic of my two silkie boys from Ideal; Andorian the buff and Tribble the partridge (and my fav [​IMG] just don't tell Andy). And then there is a pic of my Modern Game Bantam Mini Chicken, she is the sweetest chicken I own! I also will be getting 25 Silkies from them at the end of the month, will post pics as soon the come [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Gresh

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nice little banties! [​IMG] I especially like the Modern Game hen! Beautiful color! How much does she way?

Yes, please do post pics when your other Silkies arrive. [​IMG]

4. TheWaddler

TheWaddler Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Did you do the "dubbing" on the modern or did she come like that?

5. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not sure how much my little Mini weighs, but she is really tiny! She also isn't dubbed, just has a very tiny comb. And at almost a year old I have yet to find an egg from her.
    Here is another pic of her to get the idea of her tiny size
    [​IMG]

6. rekabnivek

rekabnivek Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2011
    [​IMG]

These are bantam D'uccles from IDEAL. We ordered the assortment of 5, but they put so many males for warmth in (12), two were trampled by the time they reached us. The only thing I see they could have done better was put a divider between the big and little ones. All the others were fine. Didn't realize these would be so tiny. The d'uccles are very pretty chickens and are good foragers.

7. Gresh

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina

Thanks for uploading more pics [​IMG] Wow, she is a tiny thing! Heh, nearly a year old and no eggs? Sounds like our White d'Uccle pullet we got from Tractor Supply. She's practically a month away from her first birthday and she hasn't laid a single egg. She's not even given any indication of egg-laying!

8. Gresh

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Thanks for your contribution! Sorry to hear about the packing-peanut-inflicted loss =P I had something like that happen as well in my Large Fowl order. Next time I order, I'm going to get like ten to fifteen of the breed I want so that there won't be so many packing peanuts needed.

Please post more pics as your banties get older! [​IMG]

9. AprilW

AprilW Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2011
    north Georgia
    I'll be able to share pics soon. I just placed an order for 25 bantam Cochins. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by