POST pics of your JUNGLE FOWL!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by muscovy94, Nov 10, 2009.

1. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    Hey everyone I am absolutely fascinated with the jungle fowl and was wondering if anyone on here has any and if they would post a pic? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks. [​IMG]

2. heritagehabitatfarms

heritagehabitatfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2009
    clinton ar
    i would love to see some to [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Me three!

4. ole red

ole red Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2009
    poplar grove, ar.
    me too.

5. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Me 5. But I think they are a bit rare. [​IMG]

6. gino

gino Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2010
    I'm new here and this is a real old post. I do have a couple pictures of my jungle cock on my page. I'm not sure how to post pictures in other place, maybe someone can let me know.

Gino

7. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    Quote:[​IMG]

nice... are they skittish...? like say, pheasants...? or are they calm like domestic chickens...?

8. wclawrence

wclawrence Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't have any pure Junglefowl, but I do have a few that are 1/4 Grey Junglefowl. I need to go take new pictures of the youngest generation, but here are some of the latest pics I have. The picture by gumbii is a pure grey junglefowl. mine are not.

This one is 1/4 Grey jf, 1/4 ameraucana, and 1/2 phoenix, at about 6 months old.
    [​IMG]

pullet, 1/4 grey jf
    [​IMG]

You can't really tell from a picture, but this bird is 1/4 grey as well the rest is various longtail breeds.
    [​IMG]

two pullets, 1/4 grey
    [​IMG]

and this is their daddy, the one that is half grey junglefowl.
    [​IMG]

this is a better body shot of him. see how he shows the grey junglfowl in his comb?
    [​IMG]

9. gino

gino Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2010
    Someone asked if they were skittish. The answer is yes. They can fly and must be kept in a tight coup and aviary. The hens are a little friendlier than the rooster. If I’m outside the aviary the rooster will be pacing the opposite side of the pen. The hens will come to the food dish, but will remain at least four feet away. The roosters love to pace and will spend most their time in motion, especially when people are around. I have gotten close to my hens by feeding them worms but ran out of worms before I could bet them to eat out of hand.

10. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by