post pics of your mama ducks with their babies!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lcw1995, Jan 21, 2011.

1. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    i love natural incubation. love it when a mother of anything hatches her babies. so please if you would post pictures of your momma duck and her babies. thanks. cole.

2. When my Chocolate Runner hatched out eleven ducklings it was a wonderful experience, I felt like a grandma and took lots of pics and video.
    I actually made a little movie about it and posted it online:
    Here she is with the first two that hatched.
    [​IMG]
    Here the ducklings with their Welsh Harlequin "auntie" who loved the duckies too.
    [​IMG]
    Have to share this one also, I gave momma two Welsh Harlequins to foster along with her eleven Runner duckings.
    So one chilly mornining they came out of their house and decided it was so cold they all needed to huddle under momma.
    There are THIRTEEN ducklings under their skinny Runner mommy!
    [​IMG]
    I have a few other pics but I don't want to hog this thread, so I will post one just one more.
    It's not my photo but it's such a lovely one of a Welsh Harlequin hen and her ducklings I have to show it again.
    [​IMG]

3. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    OH! That Welsh and her babies - wonderful! Thank you!!!!!

4. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    This is my mallard hen (susie) with her only baby that hacthed (cakers). Im convinced she would of hatched more, but her mate (a big white pekin) decided that he didn't want her to sit on any eggs so he broke most of them. But she managed to hatched this one. She was a very good mom and the baby was growing up great. Unfortunately we lost them both do to a predator. I also love naterul incubation, infact that is the only way I hatch any of my birds.

[​IMG] Her and cakers at a day old
    [​IMG] Her and cakers the day berfor we lost them both

5. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    great pictures everybody!!! love them. and Dances With Ducks post as many pictures as you want. thats what this thread is for!!!!!
    p.s. i watched that video. sooo cute. hows the 5 you have left? any pictures.?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  6. aduckstolemyheart

aduckstolemyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    Dances,

those are wonderful pics! Just seeing them cheers me up a bit, I needed a smile. All those babies under one little hen! What a good mommy. [​IMG]

cat19994,

I love the name "Cakers" lol. So sad to hear you lost them. I can certainly sympathize.

7. ejctm

ejctm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    VILLAGE IN THE SHIRES
    Not entirely natural [​IMG] but here is Bene with her brood:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 20123001

20123001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2011
    Delavan, Wi
    So adorable everybody!!! I think its adorable when the baby's are with their mommas![​IMG]

9. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    [​IMG]

10. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Here is my girl - she didnt turn out to be as good a mom to ducklings as she was just sitting on the eggs- but for a first time she did Ok.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by