PoSt PiCs Of YoUr PLaNtS (DaYLiLiEs,HoStAs,MoRnInG GLoRyS,EcT., Ect.!)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by wilson71895, Jun 5, 2010.

1. wilson71895

wilson71895 Chirping

May 31, 2010
    i love plants.my grandfather has many many many many flowers and plants but i dont have too many.i consider my coop and everything around it mine and i havent planted much out there except hostas so i havent taken any pictures.my favorite plants are day lilies, hostas,dahlias,zhenas,morning glorys,elephant ears, painters pallet,and many more. i figure that just about everybody on here has a flower or many flowers somewhere on there property so i figured this will be a pretty big thread. well at least i hope so.!!!!!!!

so come on people lets make this one of the biggest threads on BYC.. lol! hopefully we can do it. i love big threads with many replies and pictures.

thanks. cole.

2. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    this is just part of my gardens, u'll have to forgive they need finished weeding. [​IMG] [​IMG] these r cell pics i took a few days ago. i got more stuff bloomed so will have to take more. [​IMG]

some of the hostas, this is 2 small beds i have to redo the boxes for and up under the trees is rings i'm starting to do around them. not sure if u can see them in pic also.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

peonies
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

siberian iris
    [​IMG]

and we went to a plant sale yesterday and found this little guy on the dill plants it was so beautiful. can any of u tell me what kind of catapilliar this is???

[​IMG]

3. chicknduck

chicknduck Songster

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Some of our hostas!

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. wilson71895

wilson71895 Chirping

May 31, 2010
    there gorgeous!!!! wish i had some hostas and peonies that pretty!

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    How in the world did you let those hostas grow that big????????

Mine are skinny! They are last years plantings.

7. crazy cat lady

crazy cat lady Songster

Nov 20, 2008
    NW Illinois
    I put coffee grounds around some of my hostas last fall and this year they are huge.

8. breezy

breezy Songster

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    Quote:I believe that is a swallowtail butterfly caterpiller

9. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    the lady at the sale told me it was a monarch and i knew it wasn't but never saw one like it before. it was so gorgous to stand there and watch it eat the dill. [​IMG] my dh and kid's and i were in awe over how beautiful colored and unique it was. thanks so much gonna go search web for pics. love to see how pretty it will be as a butterfly. she was gonna take it back home to her gardens to release it.

10. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I've never lived where hostas grew. THe only ones I've ever seen were in photos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by