post pics of your rescue pets

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by boykin2010, Nov 22, 2010.

1. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    if you have ever rescued a pet from a bad situation or shelter please post pics of them... i love to see animals in good homes...

2. boykin2010

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    [​IMG]

this is lilly and lola my rescue cats. they are now 2 year olds

[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/68573_roscoe.jpg[/URL][/img

this is my other rescue cat named Roscoe. ( after roscoe on dukes of hazard. ) he passed away about 2 years ago....

3. boykin2010

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    [​IMG]

this is roscoe mentioned above

4. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    This is Lucy, shes a 6 year old terrier mix. I rescued her from the Houston SPCA when she was 3. She had been there for 4 weeks and only had a couple more days to go before they were going to put her down to make room in the kennels. She is seriously the best dog I know. Easy-going, does not chew, housebroken, GREAT with the kids. Shes not the prettiest dog, but I love her so much!

Shes alittle skittish at times...I don't really know how her previous owner treated her, but I'm guessing it was not good.
    [​IMG]

Shes lives a rough life now lol
    [​IMG]

5. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Cody, yellow lab, taken in from a family member where he was well cared for physically but totally ignored mentally and emotionally. Fluppy, basset hound, adopted from the animal shelter:

[​IMG]

Spearmint, adopted from the animal shelter:

[​IMG]

Sneaky, taken in from a home where he was going to be shot because they just didn't like him:

[​IMG]

Tips, picked up on the side of the road, scrawny with frostbitten ears. She likes to sleep in the oddest places:

[​IMG]

6. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

This is Copper our 12 year old Beagle ~ he was the victim of a divorce and was headed to the SPCA as the husband's new girlfriend didn't like dogs and the wife couldn't take him to her new apartment. We have had him for 10 years now.
    [​IMG]

Boo, 16 (black) and Patch,14 ~ Boo was a feral kitten born in the boiler room at the school where DH worked. Patch was adopted at a 4H petting zoo at the fair.
    [​IMG]

Shadow, 4 ~ showed up on our back deck and demanded to be let in ~ it took him a week to get up the nerve to come in & he has never left.
    [​IMG]

There have been many others through out the years.

7. justuschickens59

justuschickens59 VA Royal Blues

Apr 2, 2009
    Virginia
    We've rescued 3 dogs, Finn, Jack, and Kit. We got Finn at an animal shelter. Jack was in an unwanted home. Kit, we got from a good friend who had some health issues and could no longer care for her. We've had Jack and Finn for almost 7 years, and we've had Kit for 2.5 years. I'm sure you can tell by the photos that they are spoiled rotten. They love us unconditionally, and we love them the same.

Finn

[​IMG]

Finn (Puppy kisses)

[​IMG]

Jack guarding his "babies"

[​IMG]

Jack snoozing on the sofa

[​IMG]

Kit

[​IMG]

Kit and Dad taking a nap

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  8. BlackBart

BlackBart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Snoopy the Red Heeler I got from the SPCA. I am her sixth and last owner.

Two Kittens my dog found inside a cardboard box taped up tight and left by a dumpster. Right now I have four rescue cats.

A superbly bred Oldenburg mare that was owned by a very wealthy woman in Washington State. She got mixed up with Cocaine and left the horses to starve. Some were so thin they didn't survive. Sorry no picture but she is a beauty. After her rehab I gave her away to a wonderful home.

I have rescued Parrots, lots of cats, several horses, a few dogs, chickens, a rabbit (the woman was going to feed him to her snake) and some Guinea pigs. I have also rescued a few people [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Angus, my death-row dog

Love him to pieces

[​IMG]

10. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010