Post pics of your Swedish Blacks Or Mallards :)

Very pretty birds, Amiga!
Is there any specific reason you name them after German numbers?
smile.png

Well, Frank Phinster, I contemplated what I had done, ordering ten runner ducklings, and just could not muster a whole lot of creativity for names. So I thought of numbering them. Then I thought, well, that seems kind of cold, somehow, and impersonal. Remember, this is not rational, here. Anyway, I thought numbers in a different language might sound nice. I thought of Spanish, but these girls did not strike me as Latina. No, they somehow seemed to be more German. So, German it was. The smallest one is Elf (11).

Ohh I didn't even notice they were German numbers how very creative. my brother takes German. that was a great idea! :rolleyes::welcome

Some of my extended family members are German, and they liked it, too! Now my nickname is Mutter Ente.

I learned how to say slug (Nacktschnecke - always have to look up the spelling) in German, and drink water. The ducks seem to know what wasser and wasser trinken mean.

And garden is just about the same in English and German, and the ducks know where the garten is.

Back
Top Bottom