1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Post pics of your totes, bags and purses!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by lorihadams, May 14, 2009.

1. lorihadams

lorihadams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    virginia
    I just got a sewing machine and I have gone bag crazy! I was just wondering if anyone else has any pictures to share of their wonderful homemade bags, I am always looking for inspiration for my next project! Here's what I've made so far
    this used to be a pillowcase
    [​IMG]
    here are the tote bags
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and here are the purses
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Very Nice, I like the last one the best!!! [​IMG]

3. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Those are really cute! [​IMG]
    I got a sewing machine for Christmas and havent even taken out of the box [​IMG]

4. baustin

baustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Inyokern
    I like those totes! Here is a photo of one I made for my daughter to carry the extras when the diaper bag is full. I made it from leftover fabric from the baby quilt I made.
    [​IMG]

5. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    Nice bags. [​IMG] I learned to sew as a child, & get my sewing machine out often to do projects. I recently sewed a hay bag for my Dairy Goat from an old denim pair of jeans that were too big. Don't have a pic of it though. But it helps her to not waste her alfalfa hay. & online thin hay bags cost atleast $20.00 or more, so it was worth the time spent making it. [​IMG] Plus it's thick, so when she decides to take a nip of it, it doesn't affect it, denim is really nice & strong & doesn't let hay dust fall into her face like a traditional metal hay rack might.

You could always make a few bags about the same size as regular grocery bags & use them as "green bags" for shopping. I have quite a few from the last years Pepsi promotion. (we drink diet pepsi like crazy [​IMG] ). I use them at Sams Club where there is no bags & I don't want alot of boxes to put my items in. I use regular store plastic bags as kitchen garbage bags..... so I don't waste them by throwing them out, I just use them to save us on buying garbage bags. [​IMG]

6. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Lovely bags [​IMG] I love the last one!
    I'm a very artistic and crafty person, so this would be cool to try. The only bag I've ever made is a tiny one I weaved from yarn as a project in my Folk Art class.

Hmmm...now I just need to find some fabric...or old pillow cases :p

It's funny how easily inspired you can be when you have nothing to do [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by