Post pics of your totes, bags and purses!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by lorihadams, May 14, 2009.

1. lorihadams

lorihadams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    virginia
    I just got a sewing machine and I have gone bag crazy! I was just wondering if anyone else has any pictures to share of their wonderful homemade bags, I am always looking for inspiration for my next project! Here's what I've made so far
    this used to be a pillowcase
    [​IMG]
    here are the tote bags
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and here are the purses
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Very Nice, I like the last one the best!!! [​IMG]

3. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Those are really cute! [​IMG]
    I got a sewing machine for Christmas and havent even taken out of the box [​IMG]

4. baustin

baustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Inyokern
    I like those totes! Here is a photo of one I made for my daughter to carry the extras when the diaper bag is full. I made it from leftover fabric from the baby quilt I made.
    [​IMG]

5. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    Nice bags. [​IMG] I learned to sew as a child, & get my sewing machine out often to do projects. I recently sewed a hay bag for my Dairy Goat from an old denim pair of jeans that were too big. Don't have a pic of it though. But it helps her to not waste her alfalfa hay. & online thin hay bags cost atleast $20.00 or more, so it was worth the time spent making it. [​IMG] Plus it's thick, so when she decides to take a nip of it, it doesn't affect it, denim is really nice & strong & doesn't let hay dust fall into her face like a traditional metal hay rack might.

You could always make a few bags about the same size as regular grocery bags & use them as "green bags" for shopping. I have quite a few from the last years Pepsi promotion. (we drink diet pepsi like crazy [​IMG] ). I use them at Sams Club where there is no bags & I don't want alot of boxes to put my items in. I use regular store plastic bags as kitchen garbage bags..... so I don't waste them by throwing them out, I just use them to save us on buying garbage bags. [​IMG]

6. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Lovely bags [​IMG] I love the last one!
    I'm a very artistic and crafty person, so this would be cool to try. The only bag I've ever made is a tiny one I weaved from yarn as a project in my Folk Art class.

Hmmm...now I just need to find some fabric...or old pillow cases :p

It's funny how easily inspired you can be when you have nothing to do [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by