Post pics of your young rir and black sex links

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jadude, Dec 29, 2008.

1. jadude

jadude Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    sc
    Could you guys post pictures of your rir and bsl that are young(16 weeks) because they are my favorite breeds and I want to compare them to my own. Also could you tell how old they are
    Thanks

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Pics of black sexlinks can vary. Since they are a cross, many hatcheries often have different base breeding stocks, so they can be mostly black to almost half golden.

3. legacyln

legacyln Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Jefferson City, MO
    Ok, I have a few in sequence of Dorothy, my one and only RIR:
    Here she is at 8 weeks
    [​IMG]
    Here she is at 16 weeks
    [​IMG]
    Here she is at about 9 months with my son
    [​IMG]
    Hope this helps!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  4. Red Rooster 68

Red Rooster 68 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2008
    Great photos Legacyln!!!!!! Loved them, I also have RIR's (14 hens approx. 5 months old and a Roo 2 yrs. of age) Love them and are great egg layers. I'm from Buffalo, Texas.

5. Red Rooster 68

Red Rooster 68 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2008
    I also have adult hens (RIR's) 2 yrs. of age. Great breed for what I want, very calm and quiet, not alot of bickering between the girls and a true pleasure to have around.[​IMG]

6. legacyln

legacyln Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Jefferson City, MO
    The one here is Dorothy and she is the only one I have right now. I do plan to get a few more in the next few years.... I kind of have a special place in my heart for RIRs because it was the first kind of chicken I got when I was a kid. I got a RIR chick that I named Rhoda when I was abuot 10 or so and she was a really sweet hen and always my favorite!

I really like Miss Dorothy. She's not scared of anything. When I come home she leads the charge of all 12 hens over to me to see if I have any treats, it is pretty cute. She is also the most consistent layer. It is really cold up here in Missouri and only Dorothy is still laying every single day.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Heres Penny and Raven..

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by