] POST PICTS OF YOUR BATOR!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rode Island Red 2008, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Rode Island Red 2008

Rode Island Red 2008 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2008
    Post a picture of your bator and how much it cost to make![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  2. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

cost me over $700.00 to make,,, i mean,,, to BUY lol [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Inside of "the beast" or my brower top hatch. cost me $150 2 years ago

[​IMG]

4. the1much

Quote:how does that turn the eggs?
    i saw a pic of 1 the other day, and wondered hot it turns them.

5. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    the base itself turns while the middle dont move. I am upgrading next year so it will suck giving this one up.

6. the1much

Quote:coolz,,, thats what i thought, but wasnt sure,,,,, what ya upgrading too?,,,, you need a sportsman [​IMG] or 3 , and a hatcher,, thats what im working towards for next winter [​IMG]

7. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    your trying to enable me 1much. I am going for the rcom20 pro with USB. My mom wont be happy when I am peddling chicks.

8. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

[​IMG]
    $100 if I had to get everything. I collected the parts over time so its more like 5 bucks.

9. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    At the time I built this incubator (1964) The cost per unit was $64.9
    0. I looked in my file and found an itemized cost sheet for 10 units which is the number I built at a time.

[​IMG]

I am upgrading for the coming season though to this Incubator. Kuhl AZYSS-960. A 960 Egg Model Automatic Turning Incubator w/ Digital Output. I've had it for a couple of months, but as yet haven't opened the box. I'm still building my Incubator room which is only one of about half a dozen projects I have going. As soon As I unpack it I will post pictures. This one definitely cost more than $64.90.

10. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    [​IMG]
    I dont have any really good pics of the Gopher-bator all up and running....we have had 2 hatches in it. One was 80% and we have those 6 chicks in the brooder in the garage...the second hatch was a dud...and we only got one chick, she is in the spare room still...getting lots of human attention.

but here is a link to our Gopher-Bator page.....supply list and how we built it

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=7562-The_GopherBator

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by