Post pictures and stories of your bantams!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickgals, Feb 5, 2013.

1. chickgals

chickgals Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2013
    Texas
    Post your best pictures and bantam stories.

2. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    So....... I got this little hen at a local feed store in the mixed bantam section. We named her Peter Tweeter. I thought she was a young rooster, but we took her to fair and she layer an egg in front of like 20 people! It was really funny because it was her first egg. So we had to change her name from Peter Tweeter to Peter Tweetett!!!!!! Now she is almost 3 years old and I am going to breed her. She is a black breasted red old English game bantam (bbr oegb) She is so cute! This is not my picture but it looks very similar to her.[​IMG]

3. chickgals

Jan 10, 2013
    Texas
    That is sooo cute
    I bet she'll be a great mommy

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  4. chickgals

Jan 10, 2013
    Texas
    So here is my story...
    We have some friends and they own bantams and 4 standard hens. They have this one banny rooster that looks like one you would see in a story book. He pecks and scratches everyone but the little girl, who he lets hold him like a baby. The little girl basically takes care of the chickens herself, she is about 11 or 12. She is a big animal person

5. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    [​IMG]

I got Isabelle as a St. Run chick from Atwood's. She was giving me her famous broody glare.

6. elsfieldchickens

elsfieldchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    my broody silkie bantam she never stops being broody!
    [​IMG]
    her daughters the same we the ever broodys

7. motorboat

motorboat Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2012
    Lil Stinker Belle. I think she's Old English.

She rarely lays eggs but lately she's been laying 2-3 times a week. I saw the big rooster mating with her so I can only assume that stimulated her to lay more.

We have about 16 chickens (two roos) so she gets intimidated by the bigger chickens when things get exciting like when I throw treats in there. She will sometimes jump on the roost pole and hide out but sometimes she gets right in it and gets whatever she can eat.

I had a bunch of pics of her next to the other hens to show the size diff but I lost those when my computer crashed.

[​IMG]

8. elsfieldchickens

elsfieldchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

so cute

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by