Post pictures of your dog(s) with your flock!

sunny & the 5 egg layers

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 29, 2011
This thread is for posting pictures of your dog(s) with your poultry. Please enjoy and post yours!
pop.gif

Here are some of my pictures:

Zoey my 1 year old border collie (left) Penny my 2 year old hound mix (right) and chickens (in the background)
84433_102_2722.jpg

Zoey hanging out with the chickens
84433_102_2602.jpg

Zoey is so pretty! Is she a blue merle BC?

This one was an accident... Golde's NOT supposed to be in it!!
lol.png
So here's my Aussie Ginger, chillin' while I'm in the barn waiting for my turn to milk the cow...and Golde trying to sneak past... What she didn't know was that I had the camera!
3796_img_0151.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Haha!
lol.png
Ginger is so cute! And I love her name.
love.gif

I am not sure what Zoey is to be honest with you. Her and her litter mates were rescued by a local fire fighter from a neglect situation. I was told that she was an Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix. I see more Border Collie then Aussie though.

sunny & the 5 egg layers :

Quote:
Haha!
lol.png
love.gif

I am not sure what Zoey is to be honest with you. Her and her litter mates were rescued by a local fire fighter from a neglect situation. I was told that she was an Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix. I see more Border Collie then Aussie though.

I've had Aussies for years! And I agree - she does look more border collie, she has the border collie body- more willowy and svelte. Aussies are thicker built and have fuller fur and a heavy front. However, she has an aussie face.
smile.png
So cute! Aussie heads are a little wider and the necks are a bit thicker while the border collies tend to have very slim muzzles and necks and are overall less 'chunky'.

She is certainly a beautiful dog!
smile.png

95961_gedc0609.jpg

MY ENGLISH STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER SOCO 4.5 YEARS OLD IS NOT TO SURE OF THE CHICKENS STILL. SHE DOES WATCH THE CHICKS LIKE A HAWK AND SHE LETS NOTHING NEAR THEM.

95961_gedc0610.jpg

THEN WE HAVE BAILEY WHO IS CHINESE CRESTED AND DACHSHUND CROSS 1.5 YEAR OLD IN THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THE PIC. THINKS THE CHICKENS ARE FUN THEY PLAY THROUGH THE FENCE WITH HER BUT SHE DIDNT LIKE WHEN THE BUFF ORPINGTON ROOSTER TRIED TO EAT HER TAIL.

based on the markings of your collie cross she may be part mcnab which will make her a very smart pup.

Last edited:
sunny & the 5 egg layers :

Quote:
Haha!
lol.png
love.gif

Thanks!
smile.png
But as you can see, she's totally ignoring the chicken... She's not the best as far as herding the chickens. But she's a good girl.
smile.png
She's my baby.

leeboyz337, forgive the ignorance on my part... But what's a mcnab??​

Meka doesn't like them that much
lol.png
she only loves it when they chase her lol
D.gif
wee.gif
....shes not aggressive towards them though

85624_michelles_103.jpg

Last edited:
a mcnab is a heard dog they are black and white with the colors being in the exact same place as your dogs marked. my grandma had one and they can climb fences and love tons of room to run. type mcnab into google and then view them in pictures. youll see what i mean. and they tend to have the blue eyes on one side of there head.

Last edited:
Quote:
I just looked up mcnab dog on google images and I can't believe the resemblence. I have never even heard of that breed before. Zoey is super hyper. She is like a spring! She hardly ever sits still! She also has blue eyes. I think you are right about her breed. Thank you!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom