post pictures of your duck coops

Mine is a simple 4' x 6' with a two nests at almost floor level and 2 pop doors with a small divider wall. It was build for my adults in one section and my broody duck and her babes in the other. They are all together now....

After staining and painting inside:

Before I painted: Looking in people door at divider door leading to mama and baby section

Looking in the human door at the front section

This is the front here is 12 or 14 feet wide (i cant remember we started it before winter and is currently on a stand still) The two squares are going to have planks with side on them so the ducks dont fall off.

This is the back side, this is going to have two doors on the back so we can get in it to clean it and get eggs etc. The color will match that dog coop to the left.

Here iis a pic of it painted, it will also get a shingled roof like the other and a run too. The run will consist of an outer metal fencing like the dog pens but its going to be like the red fencing thats leaing against the dog pen but its going to be taller and longer, following that is going to be like the chain link on the dog pen followed by chicken wire then around the bottom is going to be some sort of plexi glass or sheet of metal. the front of that will get a man door so we can access it and so the ducks can go out in the yard during the day. the bottom of the pen where it is raised will also recieve the heavy meal and metal layers with plexi. (we have alot of racoons, oppossium, weasels, fox, coyote, bear and the occasional bobcat. We are also going to take the precautionary measure of putting wood in the slots where the fence wont cover at the top because of roof trusses so nothing can climb the fencing and get in that way. We are then going to add some motion sensored lights. We are currently have the roof up and finished, the back isnt finished yet still needs the doors, the square slots that are on each side (not the ones seen on front) will be getting a plexi glass window, and were currenty putting in the water and eletric line to the two pens. We havent yet got the fencing for the outside. We hope to finish this soon :) i will post pics! Hope this helps!!!

Mine is a simple 4' x 6' with a two nests at almost floor level and 2 pop doors with a small divider wall. It was build for my adults in one section and my broody duck and her babes in the other. They are all together now....

After staining and painting inside:

Before I painted: Looking in people door at divider door leading to mama and baby section

Looking in the human door at the front section

Very nicely done!

This is the front here is 12 or 14 feet wide (i cant remember we started it before winter and is currently on a stand still) The two squares are going to have planks with side on them so the ducks dont fall off.

This is the back side, this is going to have two doors on the back so we can get in it to clean it and get eggs etc. The color will match that dog coop to the left.

Here iis a pic of it painted, it will also get a shingled roof like the other and a run too. The run will consist of an outer metal fencing like the dog pens but its going to be like the red fencing thats leaing against the dog pen but its going to be taller and longer, following that is going to be like the chain link on the dog pen followed by chicken wire then around the bottom is going to be some sort of plexi glass or sheet of metal. the front of that will get a man door so we can access it and so the ducks can go out in the yard during the day. the bottom of the pen where it is raised will also recieve the heavy meal and metal layers with plexi. (we have alot of racoons, oppossium, weasels, fox, coyote, bear and the occasional bobcat. We are also going to take the precautionary measure of putting wood in the slots where the fence wont cover at the top because of roof trusses so nothing can climb the fencing and get in that way. We are then going to add some motion sensored lights. We are currently have the roof up and finished, the back isnt finished yet still needs the doors, the square slots that are on each side (not the ones seen on front) will be getting a plexi glass window, and were currenty putting in the water and eletric line to the two pens. We havent yet got the fencing for the outside. We hope to finish this soon :) i will post pics! Hope this helps!!!

Looking good! I like how it's elevated.

Ours is nothing special but our birds free range so it's for night time use and frigid days only. I think the main thing you need to decide is whether you want it walk-in capable(humans) or elevated. I know some even opt for a doghouse modified.

Ours we built up on industrial wooden skids and we are siding it with old recycled barn boards. We have hydro running to it as well for lighting and heated water sources. I'll have to take some more current pics this morning.. we managed to find antique windows and we have them screened with hardware cloth.

Honestly, it's a rather slow process our winters are so long making it harder to complete.

Alrighty here is our modest barn, this is the inside.. the box you see to the left is a large nest box, actually dusty is in there atm with roughly 6 eggs... the framing you see on the floor to the right is where i corral the water, i have a large rubber tub that fits in it perfectly BUT with our minus overnight temps i am still using a heated bucket. The back thing is a wide ledge.. mine are all Muscovy so they like to be up "roosting" so to speak... There is another window on the opposite side too, plus were going to run an addition off the side(right) to allow for the upcoming ducklings.

Outside.. the other side is the exact same.. as is said it's all elevated up on these skids allowing it to not only have a solid floor but helps it not to get snow bound come winter, we actually have a small porch on the front, you can somewhat tell by the stuff sitting there lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom