Post Pictures Of Your Favorite Rooster Past Or Present

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ILuvMyPetChickens, Sep 7, 2011.

1. ILuvMyPetChickens

ILuvMyPetChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2011
    Leavittsburg, Ohio
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I loved Pretty Boy because he was pretty & sweet! He let me touch his tail and pick him up. And I Miss Him.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  2. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    this is my sweet rooster Peep. I love him soo much! He is my username! Sadly, he was killed by a hawk last summer. [​IMG] There was no chicken as good as my bubby peep. Love you so much bubby! Hope your having a great time in heaven!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ILuvMyPetChickens

Jan 3, 2011
    Leavittsburg, Ohio
    Thanks for answering my post. He is adorable I love his color. What kind is he?

4. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    I love this little guy!! Such a little player/sweetheart! haha He looves his ladies and he isnt even crwoing yet!! [​IMG]
    His names Paislee by the way!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    He is kinda camera shy. can you tell?? [​IMG]

5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    This is Big Boy. I loved him very much... He would sit with me and fall asleep -- after burrowing his head under my arm, of course! He was sweet and kind, until for some reason he turned and became very mean. So I had to sell him this past spring. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then there was Turnip, my Silkie cockerel. I gave him to a friend who was looking for a nice rooster. Turnip was very sweet. Loved to be pet and held, and even my sister fell in love with him. He was the low man on the totem pole and the other Silkie cockerel would always beat up on him. When I'd let them out in the mornings, Mushroom would start right away, and Turnip would always run back to me to save him. My friend says that he's still sweet and she hugs and kisses him every day.
    [​IMG]

6. ILuvMyPetChickens

Jan 3, 2011
    Leavittsburg, Ohio
    Is he a Silkie cockerel?
    [​IMG]
    He is also my other favorite. His names Fluffy. I still have him [​IMG]

7. weesy68

weesy68 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2009
    Stratford CT
    Roosty the Rooster. I rescued him from a live poultry market where he would have been slaughtered. He is so smart. We live in the suburbs and have to control his crowing thanks to a very grumpy neighbor. We let him crow a few times then chase him to make him quit. When he is crowing and sees us coming, he sprints under the nearest bushes. The rest of the time he just chills in the backyard. He gets this "Oh sh*t, they're coming!" look on his face, he's so funny. My husband adores him, refuses to get rid of him unless the town comes and takes him by force, lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Quote:Thanks! He is a Rhode island Red! (RIR for short)

9. mickeymousears

mickeymousears Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    SLO; CA
    [​IMG]

That's my sweet boy- he had to go live with a new family a few weeks ago [​IMG] I miss him!! He's the yellow chick in my profile pic

10. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    My fav is in my avatar. His name is bubs. He is a barred cochin bantam. He chases every hen and trust to mount my large fowl. With much failure. Haha. He likes to be held and his waddles rubbed. He makes the coolest noises.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by