Post pictures of your ROOSTERS

chicken pickin

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 3, 2012
SInce roosters are big and beautiful and wonderful I thought we would show off our boys to the world, well atleast to our community. I couldn't imagine not having roosters in my flock amongst all the other chickens. The have such a way about them. Im in love lol.

Ill start with my boys

This is my Bantam Boy he is a 1yr old Gray Japanese Bantam

This is Mookey my 7month old Cream Legbar

This Is Cooper my 1yr old Black Copper Marans

This is Rebel my 5month old Black Copper Marans(he is over melanized)

And this is CJ also 5month old Black Copper Marans

So lets see some more rooster pictures
big_smile.png

They are both very hansome! I love Blue chickens. I might get a Blue Copper Marans roo next and my daughter wants a blue splash Silkie.

Let me introduce to you..... Walter. Our BCM. Yes, it's Jeff Dunham's Walter, because when he started crowing at 0400 my wife yelled out the window, "Hey Dumbass, shut the He## UP!", apparently if we were awake, all the neighbors needed to be awake. He rules the run and he's not afraid to let you know. He's not mean but he tries to intimidate. He will stomp his feet at us when he's let out of the coop then runs from his own shadow. We think he was abducted by aliens and they implanted some life form into his comb because it is huge and scary and still growing. If I were to pick someone from the flock to sacrifice to the BBQ Beer can chicken God, it would be Walter, he is huge, very stocky and wide.

This is Big Red, RIR. Formerly known as Lil Red. He is by far the tallest of the three boys. At around 4 1/2 months he hasn't started crowing yet but I think he has performance anxiety. lol I think we heard him trying to force one out but got drowned out by Walter, but he has been checking out the girls a little more lately, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Last but not least, enter stage right; Chris Rock, aka Stripey (Grand kids doing). He just came out of the closet on Friday... Since we brought "her" home we assumed that she was a Barred Rock or a Sex Link hen. (BYC set me straight on this) On Friday she looked me in the eye and let out the best and loudest rooster crow I've ever heard (better than Walter's) so we dropped the Chrissy and dubbed him Chris. He is quite the class clown. He won't walk up to you from the front, but he will sneak up from the side as if he thinks you can't really see him. The funniest thing he does is face off with Big Red; beak to beak, necks all flared out. Every time it's Red who makes the first run towards Chris and at the last second he will jump over Red's back and Red goes sliding into the walls, the fence and once slide into four of the girls and they all went down like bowling pins. Unfortunately, we are considering re-homing him and bringing in a relief layer. Anyone have a spare Buff Orp around 18 weeks old? Hit me up.

Back
Top Bottom