Post pictures of your show birds, at a show!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Kanchii, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Time to spotlight our ribbon winning birds! Post pics of your show birds at a show, feel free to list their winnings from other shows as well!

I don't own pretty much any of these birds anymore, they've all either been sold or killed. But I love reminiscing! My future star isn't old enough to show yet, he's making his debut at the Stockton show in January.

Fabio. Bantam bared plymouth rock. he's won a few best of varieties and reserve of varieties and breeds. Miss him!
    [​IMG]

Skipper, RIP.
    [​IMG]

Girly, mille fleur d'Uccle
    [​IMG]

Princess Leia, bantam splash cochin.
    [​IMG]

Darth Vader, black bantam cochin cock. He was my first best in show winner. RIP.
    [​IMG]

Zeus, self blue d'Anver. Haven't gotten a chance to show him and probably never will, which is a shame, because he's so beautiful.
    [​IMG]

Hera. She's in molt in this pic. Self blue d'Anver hen. She'll be making her debut at the stockton show as well.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  2. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Nice looking birds! Congrats!

I was at the fair today and I asked where the ribbons were, the lady told me they just write B for blue and R for red, and so forth for each ribbon color the birds won, otherwise people steal the ribbons. How horrible is that!

3. Pullet Pimp

Pullet Pimp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    Ohio
    Great photos. Vader is one AWESOME looking bird.

4. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    congratulations. great to see those bragging rights ribbons.

sorry you lost Vader he was a great looking Roo.

5. Kanchii

Aww thanks so much guys! [​IMG] Cant wait to see other peoples pics!

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Awwww I love Darth Vader. How much did he weigh?

7. Kanchii

Quote:I honestly never weighed him, we didn't have a good enough scale. But he was perfection in my eyes, I was so sad when we lost him... It was all our fault too, for not paying enough attention. Sigh. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by