1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

POST Thanksgiving cravings.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cindiloohoo, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Thanksgiving is done for the year for us, food wise at least. Here's what we had for lunch. Hot wings never tasted so good! [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What are you craving after turkey overload?

2. FarmerJamie

FarmerJamie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    We're having chicken and dumpling soup

3. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Tomorrow we're having fried catfish, hushpuppies, and slaw. I can't wait! We usually have it once a week, but with the holidays, we've skipped the past couple weeks and I'm ready for it now, but DH wanted hot wings, and that sounded good too. We've had Thanksgiving meals about 20 times in the last 2 weeks. I was just SO ready for something different! I still have leftover turkey from 2 weeks ago!!! It's in the freezer now where it will stay a good long while before I can even stomach the idea of it [​IMG]

4. FarmerJamie

Mar 21, 2010
    Back to work tomorrow after almost a week on vacation. Sigh, packed lunches.....

5. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Well now you got me craving hotwings!!!! Those look YUMMY!!

6. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Aw poor Jamie! [​IMG] Sack lunches are awful. DH usually takes leftovers.

7. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Give me your addy, I'll ship ya some [​IMG] They are easy as pie to make. PM if ya want the recipe [​IMG]

8. Hey! Those look good!
    Hubby requested my 'special wings' for dinner tonight. They are easy. I sprinkle them with chili powder and put them in a microwave-safe bowl. Zap them 10 minutes, stir them around and zap 10 more mins. Drizzle with hot sauce, bbq sauce, and spices --- then zap in 5 min increments, stirring every 5 min until they are just-about-to-fall-off-the-bone.
    They are soooo good.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

9. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mexican Food... yummy.

10. FarmerJamie

Mar 21, 2010
    Quote:Thanks - I'm not really complaining, I glad we enough to eat. [​IMG] Eating the same leftovers day after day is a downer after the awesome meals this weekend. New rule in the house, any leftover in frig (not the freezer) longer than 4 days get fed to the hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by