Post what you are looking to buy and/or sell at the Ohio Nationals!!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Inkheart, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Figured i might try to start a post so people could list what they are looking to get at nationals in a couple weeks here - I have been desperately looking for a nice healthy Speckled Sussex hen with no luck. Doesnt have to be show quality persay - but just a nice starter hen so to speak - how about everybody else?

2. ChickenJill

ChickenJill Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2010
    What is the Ohio Nationals? I am also looking for a few hens in Ohio

3. Inkheart

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    It is a very large show here in Columbus the weekend of the 13th at the fairgrounds - thousands of birds - very large show

4. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    I will be considering silver sebrights and oeg bantam.

5. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    good idea inkheart! unfortunately, I don't have any sussex but hopefully someone here can help you out!

We'll be bringing a couple birds to show but not sure about anything to sell. Still deciding.

We have a few started black Ameraucana's left to sell, they are about 12 weeks now. Also have some olive eggers available, they are about 12 weeks also (have a few older). If anyone is interested in either just PM me and we can discuss further.

I am looking for started Blue or Splash Ameraucana's and possibly some started BCM.

6. ChickenJill

ChickenJill Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2010
    Will there be people selling their chickens at the show? Would it make sense to go there just to buy some or is there a more convenient way to find someone selling about 4-6 hens that are young? Or should I start with chicks at this time of year? Is it difficult to mix new hens in with the 4 I already have? Thanks!

7. Inkheart

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Quote:i think it depends what kind you want to get - if there is a specific breed - yes try and find a breeder and get them that way. There will be some there for sale - but probably not that many at once . Some people start chicks at this time of year - but harder to find asthings slow down due to winter - better chance in the spring.

8. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Doubt if there will be many chicks or started birds there. There are over 600 sale cages tht are sold out, and they are selling hallway space for sellers. Should be plenty to choose from....

9. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    Just wanted to add a few more birds I have available if anyone is interested.

I posted I had a few Black ameraucana's and olive eggers but I also have a mille fleur d'uccle Roo that is just wonderful, not aggressive AT ALL! but his is without a mate currently![​IMG] we lost his lady last winter and I've tried several times to get him a few new girls and have struck out many times. Then I had to decide if I wanted to keep them or my bantam russian orloff's and i LOVE [​IMG] my orloff's so unfortunately, he must find a new home. I would love to see him go to a nice home as he is a great guy, if anyone is interested in him PM me.

I also have a few peachicks left that I could bring if someone was interested. I'm going to another auction this weekend and was planning on bringing them there but if there is someone who wants them I can hold them back and bring down. I have 6 total, three black shoulder peachicks that were hatched in June of this year so about 4 months now. There are two boys and a girl. I also have another three that were hatched in August of this year, I have one female black shoulder and two male india blue split to bronze left. Again, if interested PM me and I'll hold them back.

oh and I'm still looking for Blue or Splash Ameraucana's. [​IMG]

10. riftnreef

riftnreef Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2009
    Mechanicsburg, Ohio
    Can bring if anyone is interested two pairs of Mille Fleur D'anvers...will part with the lot for $20. I desperately need the space! I have some odds and ends started birds....just under two months. A BW and Creele OEG, one lone Serama chick that got overlooked at last sale...all free to good home. I also have a blueish/gray feather footed EE in my coop that was a rescue bird that is free to a good home if any one wants her.

Also, stand by as I may have a small adult flock of adult Serama to sell...just under one year (Dec. 5th will be 1yr mark) Laying like crazy and broody as can be. 1 roo over 4 hens, but that has yet to be determined...let me know if there is any serious interest and I will let my wife and daughter know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by