Post your favorite healthy,low-calorie breakfast egg recipes!

sarahloveschickens

Songster
11 Years
Oct 26, 2008
Poconos, PA
I need new egg recipes, lol I'm sick of soft boiled eggs.
roll.png

If your looking for low calorie...fry your egg in a non-stick skillet with a spray of butter flavored PAM...eat the white with a piece of low cal bread..toasted.. and feed the yolk to your dog.

1 large egg white contains about 17 calories...you could cook yourself 6 eggs and that would still only be 102 calories...not counting the toast.

The yolk is what has all the vitamins and nutrients in it. If you are wanting to cut calories, cut down on high carb foods like toast, cereals, muffins, etc.

I adore a veggie omelet, which is really a ton a veggies with a tiny bit of egg. Try sauteeing a 1/4 of a small sweet onion and a couple of mushrooms. Toss in a cup or so of fresh spinach. As it wilts, add 3 eggs beaten with milk, salt, pepper & fresh basil. Sometimes, I add a couple tsp. of feta cheese. This serves DH & I. We eat it with dry wheat toast.
The main idea is to have a skillet of whatever veggies you like, held together with "some" egg.
I am so accustomed to this that I do a double take when I go to a diner and get a big ol' greasy glob of cheese & egg for breakfast. Euww...
sad.png

make green smoothies

a handful of spinach or kale or whatever greens you like
yogurt
an egg or two
some fresh ginger and sweetener of your choice
ice
put it in the blender and there you go

you can use fruits as well of course but green smoothies take great advantage of superfoods
smile.png

it may seem strange to make a vegetable smoothie but it is really good I promise

Quote:
The yolk has many health strengths necessary for immunity, healthy skin, nerves and vision. The yolk contains good amounts of B Vitamins, Vitamin A, iron and riboflavin.

One large egg contains 59 calories.

But she asked for low calorie not low carb.

you dont mention if you're doing like a South Beach plan or something similar - but... if you look at South Beach recipes - there are a TON on there that you can do.

You can also make quiches using 1 whole egg and 1 white - add veggies and low fat cheeses. MMMM How about egg salad? Omelettes are always a hit in my house too.

Vary it up a bit - add some steak into the mix (just a bit) and go from there.

A typical breakfast for me is, 6 eggs fried runny sunnyside up cooked in bacon grease served over 2 big bisquits with sausage gravey slathered over them. It is healthy because it put's a smile on my face and gets me ready for the busy day.

AL

Quote:
Now you sound like my Grandpa...he used to eat like that.

He never got fat because he got up before daylight so he could be out in the fields working when the sun came up...my Grandma would make what we would consider supper for lunch. My Grandpa would come in from the field around noon...eat and take about a 1 hour nap then get back out to the fields. He didn't come back to the house until the sun went down and my Grandma would heat up small plate of food leftover from lunch and he would go on to bed.

Problem is most of us don't work like that anymore.

Back
Top Bottom