Post your first chicken eurekas!

Coopedup:p

Songster
10 Years
Oct 8, 2009
Monroe, North Carolina
ok, so i have posted stuff about how to get my chickens to lay eggs and how to get them to get used to me and their coop... well no eggs! idk about the coop. but they have accepted me
smile.png
haha. i was crouched in the coop watching the hens and rooster and the hens walk over to me! and their necks are extended and it was so funny! but they kept walking around my legs. so i moved my hands and one jumps into my lap! and i was really happy, the other tryed to hop into my lap but flapped as she noticed she was failing. she tryed again and SUCCESS! she sticks the landing. the rooster soon followed by waddling up my arm. i love my white cochin bantams. now all i need is eggs and chicks to follow!
tongue.png

Woo hoo! Isn't that the best feeling???? Winning over chickens can be an art.... you've done well. Now, before you know it you'll be swatting them away to keep them from picking your moles and freckles ;-) But you'll still love every moment of it. Congrats!!

Yeah!!! I thought my little June Bug (australorp) was so cute sitting up there on my shoulder, head tilting this way and that, looking right at me... Then ZAP...she pecked my lip like it was a big juicy catepillar or something...brought a bit of blood the little #@*! LOL So be wary!!

i was being careful. i know how they can mistake your lip, or finger. my guineas peck harder than i thought! haha. they are now outside in the rain. and cold. they know there are roosts and stuff in the donkey shed but they are just so stuburn! haha

Back
Top Bottom