Post your funny baby stories!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HorseFeathers, Apr 15, 2008.

1. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    [​IMG] Our funniest (sorta scary too) was when Olympia pecked my earring right out of my ear and ATE IT. We were so worried but now she's grown-up and perfectly fine. [​IMG]

Please no gory, really gross (a chick pooping on you right before a party is ok, for example), or inappropriate. Thanks.

Enjoy! [​IMG]

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    My little Speckles (a SLW) suffers an identity crisis and thinks she is a parrot. She was the first to go to the top of brooder and the first to go to the top of the new one...a hot tub frame.

I fell asleep on the futon doing taxes (eeeeewww) right beside the brooder. I was awakened by Speckles sitting on the back of the futon yelling at me! I assume she saw the sun coming up and assumed I should be up with them also. [​IMG]

She was also spotted sitting on the side of my face earlier that morning and removed by the kid. My daughter said she was sitting there sound asleep. LOL

3. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Don't think I have anything to compete with that, but this isn't a competition anyway, is it? Our buttercup/silkie roo loves to hop up on my knee when I open the dog crate those chicks live in. The other day he hopped from my knee to my shoulder. My 6 yo was laughing hysterically. Then Oliver flapped up onto my head and pooped. Ugh. My son was rolling on the floor with tears coming out of his eyes. Oh joy! Poop humor!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by