Post your guinea fowl pens

yoker

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
Please post pics of your guinea pens.
State what you like/dislike about them.
Thanks in advance

my guinea coop is about to be built. The eggs my guineas will hatch from haven't even been laid, but I will try to post pics. I can't wait to get them.

Pens?
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
The world is their pen.

Sorry. I have a coop for mine at night. Most nights they come in to sleep, but some they just refuse and sleep in the trees. My coop is just a big A-frame with roosts.

I'm at work and don't have many pics, but here is what I do have from my photobucket account.

This is the coop under construction: Ignore all the geese in the pics. They were "assisting" my husband with building.

DSCN0326.jpg

DSCN0327.jpg

For the sides, we hung sheet metal. It just has a dirt floor, but I put down stall dry and rake it into the soil periodically. I scrape the roosts occasionally. That's the only maintenance I do.

Here are the young guineas in the coop this summer.

DSCN0377.jpg

The "peak" of the A is about 8 ft tall. I raised the guineas inside the coop until 10 weeks of age and fed every evening at dusk. Mine show up every evening for food. Most nights they go into their coop and sleep, but like I said, some nights they just refuse and head for the trees. Guineas have a "uni-brain." Whatever one does, they all do.

I have no pen for my guineas. My guineas are free range 24/7. i believe it is unfair to keep guineas penned up all the time. They are wild birds from Africa that roam free. Guineas' diets are supposed to include bugs, weed seeds, and other necessities found outside of a coop. I have had mine for 13 years (not the same ones though! LOL) and I havent lost the first one to a predator. This is just my personal opinion of raising guineas.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
i agree with you to the fullest extent. Guineas shouldn't be cooped up!!! I finally found somebody who agrees with me!
lol.png

I agree on leting them free range I was just thinking of having a little coop or roosts for at night.
And untill they are used to living here.

Back
Top Bottom