Post your Khaki Campbells!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Empera, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Empera

Empera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Issaquah, WA
    Thanks to nivtup, I have 4 beautiful khaki campbell ducklings! (I'll get pictures later) I think I have one male and three females due to the distinct noises the male makes from the females. Loud (female) vs. raspy (male). If not, I'll be thrilled even if I have all males or any combination!

But I was wondering how fast they grow, and wanted pictures of all stages of your khakis, young to old! So please post all the pictures you want, and even irrelevant ones.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I think my khakis are about a year old. I got them as adults.
    [​IMG]
    My drake, Jack
    [​IMG]
    Janet, Chrissy (a runner) and Jack
    [​IMG]
    Janet rehabbing in the spa (injured leg)

3. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    I got a pair last June. They grow pretty fast but it took longer for them to feather out than my chicks. My female just started to lay eggs last week!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Empera

Jan 27, 2009
    Issaquah, WA
    Aww, they are adorable. Compared to other ducks are they rather loud or large in size?

5. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Compared to my Blue Swedish they are a little smaller and quite a bit quieter most of the time.

6. Wifezilla

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Mine aren't that loud. Now buff ducks, THOSE are loud (at least mine is!).

7. Empera

Jan 27, 2009
    Issaquah, WA
    Quote:Thanks! The ducklings I have are 6-8 days old now, so I have quite a ways until they get that large, I believe. [​IMG]

&& in your last picture, that pond looks great! I'm jealous haha. They all look very happy with their setup.

8. Empera

Jan 27, 2009
    Issaquah, WA
    Quote:Haha, I've heard of Pekin ducks being extremely noisy but didn't think the buffs would be.

9. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Thanks! The ducklings I have are 6-8 days old now, so I have quite a ways until they get that large, I believe. [​IMG]

&& in your last picture, that pond looks great! I'm jealous haha. They all look very happy with their setup.

They'd better look happy! That used to be my water garden. I got sick of emptying kiddy pools and let them in it. We're going to try to improve the filtration system this year.
    Right now the little pond is frozen over. But it's raining today and they're all out there bathing in the puddles. Ducks are so entertaining!

10. Wifezilla

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    As we type, she is standing in the middle of the yard quacking her fool head of at NOTHING. I think she just likes the sound of her own voice.
    [​IMG]
    Lana the mouthy buff duck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by