Post your old Pictures of your family- Pictoral Genealogy

Quote:
That would be so COOL.. to have pictures that old. I couldn't even tell you what my great grandparents on my mother's side looked like. I knew my fathers grandmother, but not his mother- she died before I was born. I've only seen a few pictures of her.I had taken the family album from my mom, and found a picture of her when she was little. I didn't even know it was her.

Quote:
Lol YOu remind me of my godmother when you say " the one who claims to be my mother" She told us that her mother had died and for ten years we thought the woman was dead. Turns out she was mad at her and told everybody she died. She's british so her mom was in England and we had no way to know the she was still alive. Her daughter finally told us - mama was mad at her and said she was dead and would never say anything different. And I love the pic!! BTW

Here's a couple I happened to have on my computer. I've been researching our family history for years!! The first photo is of my grandfather when he was 21-yr-old. The second, my father and oldest brother taken in 1943.

26140_grandpa.jpg
26140_daddy_eugene_1944.jpg

Quote:
That would be so COOL.. to have pictures that old. I couldn't even tell you what my great grandparents on my mother's side looked like. I knew my fathers grandmother, but not his mother- she died before I was born. I've only seen a few pictures of her.I had taken the family album from my mom, and found a picture of her when she was little. I didn't even know it was her.

I guess I'm blessed - I knew all my grandparents- Both grandads lived until I was in my twenties and both my grandmothers are still here- One is 87 and one turned 92 in Jan. The 92 year old one lives with us. I told the 87 year old one last week that I thought she was the Hell raisingest old woman I ever knew until this 92 year old moved in with us. !!
old.gif
And I knew three of my great-grandparents really well!!

And Up-the - creek You have got to get those pics transferred so we can see them!!

Last edited:
I kind of conviscated (sp?) pics from all family members when I was doing research on my family tree. They would let me borrow them and I would take them home and scan them onto my old computer,that way I have copies and the originals werent hurt and all was happy, then I would return them. My second cousin,she was at a long lost relatives home doing research and luckily she had her camara. The woman she was visiting had an OLD picture of our GGgrandmother holding our Ggrandfather and her nephew. Of course it was framed and no chance of getting a copy, so my sneaky cousin takes out the digital camara and snaps a shot of it. It came out and looks like the real picture! Anyway this explains how I come about all my photos. I am shameless when it comes to getting pics of the family. Of course I am not as bad as my DH family. They catch you not looking and they will slip it in their pocket and walk out with it, now that is shameless! LOL!
gig.gif

Quote:
Have you noticed that in the pictures like the ones of your grandad- They usually had that solemn look? And the ones later like the ones with your dad and brother- They seem like they are so cool. Hat cocked a little to one side - slight grin- The ones in my family in that time period alsways make me think of gangsters!!

Quote:
The family my sister married into will slip your wallet , your money and any prescription drugs they can find into their pocket!!
gig.gif

Her mother-in- law has to sleep with her medicine and money in her bra- And they still manage to get it sometimes when she's sleeping really hard.
th.gif

I have photos much older than these, but on a different computer. I'll post a couple of those tomorrow. I actually have one of my grandfather as an infant. It's so cool.

Did you happen to notice that chair that my grandfather is sitting on? What I wouldn't do to have that!

Back
Top Bottom