Post your pics here!!!

AnimalLover234

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 6, 2012
Bay City, TX
Anyone and everyone who has geese post your pictures here!! I don't have any right now but will get some as soon as possible make sure to put their breed and sex :) Thank you!! And Imight even turn this into a contest---No prize just the pride of winning :) Post away goose owners :)

This is Henry and one of the girls - Katherine and Anne. They were one day old here, are now 8 days old and getting soooo big! Embdens, apparently 2 female, 1 male (bless the hatchery!) based on size and coloring - the two smaller had greyish backs and the big one is pure yellow. Now they look a bit different as well, so I'm going with the 2/1 thing until they prove me different.

Currently I have them in a guinea pig cage in the house. They are quickly outgrowing it and I'm getting a little tired of cleaning wet shavings out every morning. I can hear them splashing about now. That said, I'm completely smitten by them and am happy I added them to our flock.

Today I am figuring out housing options, maybe building a wee goose house and pen. They are too small to roam freely and we're still getting cool nights here in Michigan.

Marina, embden gosling relaxing in the sun.

Marina and Greta, embden goslings helping bake cupcakes.
How adorable, glad to see Marina came in from sunning to help Greta with the baking.
wink.png

Yes, she is quite helpful. She especially loves to help you read books and do up your zippers and tie your shoes and tell you how the cupcakes are baking.
big_smile.png

How old are they there? I am brand new to geese and I'm curious to know when feathers start. I'm beginning to think they're like goldfish - give them a bigger home and they grow fast. I got Henry, Kate and Anne out of the guinea pig cage into my brooder box (the meatie chicks had outgrown it) and I swear they grew two inches today.

Back
Top Bottom