POST your pics of your Silver-Laced Wyandottes here!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by <3ChickenForever, Mar 8, 2011.

1. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    This is my only SLW and is a rooster. He's friendly yet a scardey cat! His name is Mattie (Matt). I orginaly named him Maddy cause I thought he was a girl when he was little! [​IMG] Tell me what you guys think!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  2. Emmalion

Emmalion Songster

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    [​IMG]

Phury

3. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    I like it! Prudyy!!

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Songster

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    [​IMG]
    Quote:Katy, I am so sorry you have such ugly birds...why don't you let me take them off your hands for you so you can get some better looking ones [​IMG] You know I would do that for you! Ok seriously, just so no one misunderstands...I think they are gorgeous! Now, don't anybody [​IMG] me!

6. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Songster

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Ok, just thought of something...does anyone have any pics of baby SLW's? I have never had SLW's before and don't know what they are supposed to look like when just a few days old. Any one...?

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Katy, I am so sorry you have such ugly birds...why don't you let me take them off your hands for you so you can get some better looking ones [​IMG] You know I would do that for you! Ok seriously, just so no one misunderstands...I think they are gorgeous! Now, don't anybody [​IMG] me!

[​IMG]

8. codymax2

codymax2 Songster

Jul 7, 2010
    Liverpool, NY
    HAHAHA! I was thinking the same thing! Pretty birds! I love thier huge chunky feet too! About how much do they weigh full grown?

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:There are 2 or 3 Orps mixed in so ignore those.

[​IMG]

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

The standard call for the Rooster to weigh 8.5 pounds and the hens 6.5..... I've never wieghed mine, but they're good sized birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: