Post your pictures/stories of your "still young at heart" Hens/roos!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenlover91, Dec 17, 2011.

1. chickenlover91

chickenlover91 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    This thread is for posting stories and pictures of your oldest hens/roos [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hens MUST be past laying years, and roosters should be at least 4 preferably 5 years of age. Post as many pics as you want, and do a little story of there life with you [​IMG]
    This thread can also be for old chickens who have past away, but you want there lives to be remembered [​IMG]

This is the story of Henny,

This is Henny

[​IMG]

She was the first chicken we ever got, we got her this year in June thinking that she was a young chicken, later we found out that we were very wrong... after several weeks of her not laying any eggs we started researching on some reasons why she was not laying, thats when we found out that she was an old woman, probably 6+ years old. She was super friendly and we started training her to do tricks like jump really high, give us kisses, follow us, walk on a leash/diaper. We even brought her to the fair one day and she won us 30 buck just by her talent, friendliness, and cuteness [​IMG] at that point we new that she had earned her keep!

She also LOVES to come inside
    [​IMG]

She comes up to the door and looks at the window bocking to come in... When I open the door she runs in ASAP!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

She also loves hugs and to snuggle up and watch TV with us [​IMG]

So thats the story of Henny! Love you Henny! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Would love to hear your stories!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  2. peepacheep

peepacheep Chillin' With My Peeps

What a lucky chicken to have such a good home! [​IMG]

3. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    How heartwarming. I love that she has such a good home! All old chickens should have one. [​IMG]

4. chickenlover91

Jul 8, 2011
    Out of all of our Chickens she is by far the most loving [​IMG] We are blessed to have a chicken like her!

5. chickenlover91

Jul 8, 2011
    am I the only one with old chickens???

6. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    I would post... but I don't know the exact age of my semi-blind chicken Penny who isn't laying. You have cute chickens!

I could post pics of Hazel... she stopped laying, but not for a whole year. *sighs sadly* My old totally blind hen Hazel who passed away a few months ago, she was very old. She was a rescue as well as Penny and I could tell she was old because she walked slowly and didn't move much. plus she just looked old.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  7. chickenlover91

Jul 8, 2011
    Thats fine, I think I will lower the age down to if she has stopped laying than you can post for her [​IMG] so you can post

8. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    This is Penny, my semi-blind Buff Orpington hen. We rescued her from a abusive home, where she was found in a 4 x 4 pen with 15 other chickens in it. She has been with us for a year, but I think she is quite old. Atleast 3 - 4 years old. She doesn't lay anymore.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hazel was my blind Buff Orington who passed away a few months ago. She was very old and barely moved at all, but loved to be hugged and cuddled. She came from the same place as Penny. She died from a tumor in her throat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. chickenlover91

Jul 8, 2011
    Anyone else? or just me and Animalscomefirst?

10. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    My oldest hen is only 3 [​IMG].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by