Postal about hatching eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chichero, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Chichero

Chichero Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2017
    USA
    My Salmon Faverolles hatching eggs have been in the mail since 7 a.m. Monday. The tracking number says they are still in route with expected delivery now set on Monday. The seller said the eggs would be no older than 3 days. With the stress of mailing and now their age will there be any chance of any of the 15 hatching? Or should I just order the chicks. EBay sellers are awesome it's the dang post office killing my hatching eggs.

2. Hillaire

Hillaire Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2017
    Hudson Valley NY
    I'd still give it a shot... you already paid for them whats the worst that could happen... instead of just throwing them away put them in the incubator and see what happens.... my hopes wouldn't be that high though, shipped eggs are always iffy to begin with

3. Chichero

Apr 9, 2017
    USA
    I'm going to try to hatch... I hope I get a couple anyway.

4. Chichero

Apr 9, 2017
    USA
    Well I got the eggs Saturday morning [​IMG]. I know it's not conventional or recommended but I put them in the incubator straight away. I left the turner off and I will plug it in this evening when I get home. They were packed really well ( sent 5 extra )but were sent by priority mail[​IMG]. Even so it was the Post Office faux pas for taking 2 days for them to travel 40 miles. Back to the eggs. I'm not going to candle until lock down hoping what if any remaining delicate embryos that stand any chance will make it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by