1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

postal rates going up yet again!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by therealsilkiechick, Dec 28, 2008.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    looks like its priority mail etc. not letter rates.

2. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    "As always, we do not impose fuel surcharges, hidden surcharges, or surcharges for residential or Saturday delivery."
    This is what really chaps my hide. No hidden charges! How about taxes? They get plenty of funds from the federal gooberment, funds that came out of my pocket. They want to promote themselves like they're really competing with private shipping companies, but they aren't. The USPS is a civil service. They already get money from me whether I like it or not, now they want more, and then they want to tell me how lucky I am that they deliver on Sat.!!!? This is why I go out of my way to use UPS or FedEx.

3. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    We will announce the price change for mailing services in February, including stamp prices, with new prices effective in May 2009.

4. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    its no wonder people use email and the internet to send letters and cards, their price goes up but their service doesnt get any better.

5. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    better go out and buy tons of those forever stamps............

6. momofdrew

momofdrew Chillin' With My Peeps

priority mail to apo's should not go up... we are sending to our troops things the armed services do not provide...

7. Trollkiller

Trollkiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Lake Como, Fl. 32157
    Quote:Yes and no. The Postal Service fund themselves. The USPS is set up like a business with the Federal Government to back them if they fail or if there are emergency needs such as anti-terrorism equipment.

The only standard annual payment by the Government to the Post Office is the amount the Post Office loses on entities that are allowed by Congress to mail for free.

The Post Office is one of the few Government entities that pulls their own weight. If you want to keep your rates down get all the junk mail you can. The direct mail companies pay the majority of the cost for running the Post Office.

8. chrissum

chrissum Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2007
    NWMO USA
    Quote:Good luck sending ur chickens and eggs the same way!

9. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

AGAIN! This is getting ridiculous! Now im going to have to raise my shipping prices again. [​IMG]

The only good thing is they are introducing a new smaller flat rate priority box.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by