Postal Service - Bad and Good

Teach97

Bantam Addict
11 Years
Nov 12, 2008
Hooker, OK
I bought some pigeons from a guy in Utah. Classic German Frills...sent my money he shipped Tuesday...should get them Thursday...I got real busy...wrote 4 tests and went to a night class...suddenly realized at about 7:30 pm NO BIRDS!!!
th.gif
ep.gif
What am I going to do? Small town...postal folks know me...you get in a box full of dead quail and you become famous...
hide.gif
...anyways...go to bed worried. 10:45 pm phone rings - it's the Hutchison, KS post office...my birds ended up thee that night way out of range...guy tells me it will take another two days...then says...a guy here raises pigeons...
fl.gif
...would you like him to water and feed them he says he has sunflower seeds!
love.gif
Goes to show ya' good things happen! I will have my birds tomorrow...all my post office buds are watching for me and will get them to me!
woot.gif
for the post office!!!
bun.gif

My post-lady knows if I get in a box marked fragile it's probably eggs and she goes out of her way to take it to me at school instead of leaving them outside at home. There are more good postal people than bad, but it's like the news, more bad than good because folks don't talk about the good.

Our home is serviced by a poor excuse of a post office. (We received a Christmas card that had been run over and still had gravel imbedded in it.
roll.png
)
We have a P O box in the nearest town and they are great! When I told them I was expecting chicks, they said I could knock on the back door as early as 6:30 to pick them up, but that I didn't have to hurry - they enjoy hearing them peep!

I just started recieving shipped eggs. I asked the p.o. lady to hold my pkgs for the week and call me when they arrived. They did and everything was fine. Weeks later I rec'd a box marked fragile at the post office. Instead of leaving it in the snow, she held it there and left me a note. When I went in to pick it up her eyes got big and wide and she said "I think you got eggs! I couldn't find your phone # and I didn't want them to get cold..." That was great. I hadn't asked her to hold it there this time, I had been busy and forgot, but she did and I was very grateful.

My post office is really good, when my chicks arrived they called and left a message and when we went to pick them up she had opened up the box and given them water and was saying how cute they where especially the one who looked like a owl (EE)

I got my Christmas card from my son YESTERDAY ! It was post marked December 19th. So..... I call him up and say "Merry Christmas to you too!" We laughed about it.

ps. There was a Lowe's gift card in it ! More money for chicken housing !!!!!

We have a little, teeny, tiny post office in the middle of nowhere Colorado. The ladies there are most wonderful. They always call me when the babies come in and get all excited about the baby chickens. Last year they even opened the box to look at the babies.

Just like everywhere else in life their are good people and frankly people who could care less in the Post Office. My hb worked there till he retired and often came home really frustrated that someone else had not properly done their job. Some times the people coming in blammed them if a check was late. What really could he do about it. After all he just worked that end of things. He called sometimes but usually they would say it was sent but when it came in it was postmaked a day after he called. Good and Bad jean

my mail delivery guy is really nice, he doesnt lave thigs out by the road unless i opder boxes or something he know doesnt matter. I i am not home he places the packages on our garage which is really nice, especially since it is out back. He always leaves a note saying he put a package in there.

I'm wondering if the postal service does go to 5 days delivery instead of 6,how will this affect hatcherys?I read an article that said Tuesday was one of their lightest days and by closing that one day could save them 3.5 billon a year.
I have never been a big fan of the postal service,especially in the last few years,I think they have an monopoly and I'd love to see them have some competition with mail just like packages. Will

Back
Top Bottom