postal workers I need advice about dealing with mine

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Livinzoo, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    My mail lady has decided for herself that I no longer live at my house and that she is just going to return all of my mail to sender. She did not notify me that she was doing this. She just did it. I thought it was odd that I wasn't getting mail, but after about 2 weeks I started getting calls from some of the places that mailed me and they said the mail was returned. I will probably get late fees on some of my bills.

I called the post office and they said they don't know why she is doing it. I left her a note saying to leave my mail in my mailbox. She left me a note saying. I have been gone for months so she can't.

The only things that I can think of that would make her think this is I sold my spare car that sat in the drive way 24/7, I cleaned off my front porch after a neighbor called code enforcement saying I had trash on it. (Flower pots are not trash) I am no longer home when she delivers. And I have been bad about mowing my yard (I'm 6 months pregnant).

So what gives her the right to do this. I would think it is illegal, its my mail and my mailbox. She is interfering with the mail getting to my box. Without notifying me and even after I told her to stop.

What can I do? Is there anything in postal rules that allows this?

HELP??

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I don't know but I'd be fuming! [​IMG] Maybe go to USPS.com and see if there's a number you can call and make a complaint?

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Call or visit your post office, and ask to speak to the postmaster, not just whoever is answering the phone. Explain the situation. It's his/her job to set your carrier straight.

4. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    I would go to your post office and speak with the postmaster about this matter. S/He should be apply to fix this mess and speak with the carrier. If you get no where with the postmaster, then call a complaint about both of them. I would be furious!! [​IMG]

5. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Did you save the note? If so, be sure to take it with you to the PO. Let them have a copy of needed but keep the original. You might be able to use it to get the late fees dropped or reduced on some of your bills.

Good luck and let us know how you make out. Yikes!

6. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    I'd be mad too, but I suggest calmly talking to the local postmaster. Take the note with you. You have tried the carrier and that did not work. The do have rules to follow about when and where they have to deliver the mail. Perhaps there is something that the rules will not allow her to deliver to your house. I can't imagine what that might be, but there might be something. If you don't get satisfaction from your local postmaster, go to the regional office. You need to stand up for yourself, but you need to do it the right way. You are more likely to get better results that way.

7. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] i would be mad too! you need to bring this matter up to the post master (thats her boss). i have had issues with our mail, but mostly we just get someone elses mail atleast once a week. [​IMG]
    goodluck.

8. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    Wow, I would be very mad!!

I hope you called her manager to complain, she can't hold your mail like that!

9. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Yes, start with the postmaster. We had a similar problem with one of our military moves and a carrier that altered our move form two weeks after it had gone into effect. The postmaster fixed it, apologized profusely and gave us a letter for our creditors stating it was their fault (and noone charged us late fees once they got it). That carrier was no longer our carrier, either. Don't know what happened to him, but I really hoped they took away his computer priveledges so he couldn't do it to anyone else.

10. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

You can complain, but the big thing will be if any of the senders complain... since until you take possession the mail is still their property. If it's being diverted then it's on them to complain about you not getting it.

See if one of your senders, bill or otherwise (maybe get a friend to mail you a letter?), will put in a complaint. Mail Fraud is a big deal to Post Masters and it should get straightened out pretty quick.

Assuming of course that I know what I'm talking about... not always guaranteed, but I think that's right.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by