posting for a friend-What breed is this pullet??

bossynbella

Songster
12 Years
Aug 11, 2007
Iowa
A friend of mine got some chicks last spring, they are 9-10 weeks old now. I am pretty sure its a pullet, but have no clue what breed it is. It looked like the RIR's when it was younger ( I have never seen it in person, only in pictures) but now looks nothing like it. She got some Ameraucana's (EE's I'm sure) and I was leaning towards that as it has the same kind of comb as them, but no muff, and Yellow legs??? I believe she got them from a hatchery but am waiting for conformation of that, and what hatchery it was. Any help is appreciated, I thought I would know just seeing it, but I am terribly confused!

3524_corleyschicken.jpg

not the best picture but the other two she sent are blurry
Thanks in advance!
Melissa

no idea's on breed then?

This is the email I got from her today.
I have 9 Americaunas 2 do not have muffs all have green legs. That is why I find it strange that this one has bright yellow legs no muff but the right comb. I ordered from Schlect Hatchery and sent them a picture of her too and they said they had no idea what she was but that she is not a red or an americaunas.

I have never heard of Schlect Hatchery but will be checking them out tomorrow. Its time for me to go to bed for the night.

you know when I first saw it that is exactly what I thought too. Cornish. I will let her know that then. If anyone else has any ideas, or yea's or nay's concerning the Cornish Idea let me know.

Thanks again
Melissa

Thanks everyone. Schlecht Hatchery does sell White Laced Red Cornish, I sent the picture to them and they seem to think it is a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, I say it has the wrong body for a Wyandotte and the wrong comb. Sorry I didn't get better photos, she is a quick little devil.

Back
Top Bottom