1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Posting images to your profile page

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by blondebarnbabe, Oct 31, 2011.

1. blondebarnbabe

blondebarnbabe Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2011
    New London, WI
    Hi there~ I am new to BYC and chickens in general. I created a page (just a paragraph) and later went back to try to add pictures. Though I'd uploaded several images, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the images to be on the SAME page as my written paragraph on my profile. I played and tried to follow the video link to how to use the BYC image thingy but alas, I am NOT successful. At the risk of sounding like an absolute moron, can you give me a written tutorial or a better way to figure this out? When one clicks on my page profile all you get is the words, no pictures. Help a new girl out!

2. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    I think you have to have 10 posts. Not sure.

3. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    I had a hard time posting pics on my page too! I finally figured out that if you just right click on the actual picture (in your uploads) that you can copy and paste it onto your page. I tried using the links but they wouldn't work for me...

4. blondebarnbabe

blondebarnbabe Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2011
    New London, WI
    Hey GoldDogsMom~ I tried the right click/ paste thing, and all I have now on my profile page are a bunch of blue boxes with ?'s in them. I am not THAT computer illiterate, but I'm starting to get a bit of a complex here! Can anyone help a girl out??

5. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    It is kind of confusing. Every time I put pics on my page I have to click on "How to edit instructions" (top left) after clicking on "click here to edit"

6. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    Did you copy the link below the picture and paste it into your post?

7. MrsFarmerJen

MrsFarmerJen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2009
    Napa
    Helpful info for me too - thanks! j [​IMG]

8. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Quote:Have you placed the pics you want on your page under uploads? That is step 1, then you can pick the pics from your uploads and put them on your profile page. I just tried it with mine and it worked...

9. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Are you copying the IMG code? If you are, then you have to take that off, and just use the direct URL to the picture. You can upload here to BYC or to another photo sharing site, llike Photobucket (it's free).
    See, with this picture...
    [​IMG]
    it has the around the link. But it doesn't work in the BYC page maker. You can only have the link itself, like this...
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/3796_bycwelcome.jpg

Oh, and the message there is for you too. We're so happy to have you here! [​IMG]

10. leefarms

leefarms New Egg

Nov 9, 2010
    I wish I could stop working at my job and grow chicks! That would make me a very happy lady!! Love the farm life,but the pay doesn't make the bills or maybe I'm just not doing it right!!I manage a fastfood place 40 miles from the place .Me and my husband are "TRYING " to keep up with 2 teenagers "boys". Maybe if I pray hard enough GOD will show me the way!!! I just really love my chickens,cows and being around my family .I don't get to do that alot cause of my job!!! I miss out on alot because of it!!!! I will not give up on my dream to be home and live on our little farm.[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by