1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Posting pictures on my page

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by joanm, Nov 8, 2007.

1. joanm

joanm Songster

May 13, 2007
    Can anyone tell me why I can't post pictures on my personal page from photobucket? I've tried twelve dozen times and it just won't work!!! [​IMG] Any suggestions?

2. McGoo

McGoo Songster

Hope so.
    First make sure the photo is resized for website by editing in Photobucket. Then copy the img code.

Then I just paste. I don't use the img on our toolbar - it's not necessary.

See if that helps.

good luck [​IMG]

3. McGoo

McGoo Songster

Oh, if you want to post them on your page!

Ok, so here's how;
    When you're editing your page, click on the tree which opens up the little window.
    Go to photobucket and copy the img
    paste the img in the little edit window - BUT you're not done. YOu need to edit the img address. erase the 'img' and brackets at the beginning and end of the address.

This should work! I had the same frustration [​IMG]

4. joanm

joanm Songster

May 13, 2007
    Thank you McGoo! I'll try it!

5. silkhope

silkhope Songster

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    If you copy and paste the "direct link" instead of the IMG link you will not have to edit.

6. joanm

joanm Songster

May 13, 2007
    I got my pictures posted, but how do you move them about on the page? When I post more than two it doesn't post them DOWN the page but across! ????

7. silkhope

silkhope Songster

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    I had the same problem! Once you post a picture, press the space bar a time or two or else they'll post side by side. I don't know another way.

8. First-time-raising

First-time-raising In the Brooder

Oct 20, 2007
    Mid - Michigan
    Right hitting spacebar seperates the pictures or just hit enter and you can post another picture underneath the previous one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: