Posting Pictures Tutorial Attempt (picture heavy)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PortageGirl, Dec 20, 2008.

1. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

OK, here goes. Seems like lots of people are having trouble posting pictures. I’m posting this, step by step how to. I will edit it for clarity according to any suggestions people give me. I hope this helps people.

First, have your picture on your computer, name the file something easy, and know where it is. The default location for saving pictures is “often” but NOT always, C:\\Documents and Settings\\username\\My Documents\\My Pictures

Ok, just keep in mind its location on your computer for now, and go to the BYC site.

Up in the BLUE bar near the top of the page, just above where it says “Logged in as XXXX XXXXX” you’ll see the command bar, highlight and select (or click on) the Uploads button where the ARROW is pointing in Figure A.

Figure A
    [​IMG]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It will then go to THIS page: Where you click on the [Browse] button <see the ARROW again>
    Figure B
    [​IMG]

That will pop up a window with the files on your computer, so you navegate to where the picture you want to upload is on your computer, select it and tell it to ‘Open’.

Figure C
    [​IMG]

THAT will then open THIS page:

Figure D
    [​IMG]
    Where you <click on the [Submit] button> (see the ARROW again).

Figure E shows what it looks like, when you click inside that window by the word image there. It will darken the whole window, and you can just do a ‘copy’ action when it’s like that.

Figure E
    [​IMG]

Then once you’ve copied that blackened out part... from there, you go to the page where you wish to post your picture, and ‘paste’ that into your post.
    It will look something like this:

Figure F
    [​IMG]
    (but with your own info in it)

But don’t be alarmed if it is scrunched up or broken apart looking more like this:

Figure G
    [​IMG]

After you <click on the SUBMIT button> ((ARROW in Figure F)) your picture will show up in your post like it does below!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG] Nice tute!

3. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

THanks, I guess I should have said right off the bat, look here https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=504 first!

Lots of peoples will do great with Nifty-Chicken's very good explanations, some of us do better with pictures though.

Do look at the bottom of that FAQ thread about size restrictions too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by