Posting Pictures

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by KsKingBee, Aug 3, 2014.

1. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

I am a total novice to posting pictures on this forum and am looking for advice from those of you, like ZAZ, who do a really great job.

So far I have found that getting on the same plain as the bird and top views show the most detail. Getting as close to the bird or zooming in is a real benefit, but using the cropping feature in the picture software is a really big help to fine tune those close-ups. Those landscape pictures with a small bird in the center don't cut it for me, and most people do not have the ability to blow up or expand them enough to show any detail.

What other tips and tricks do you use?

2. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    California
    Hopefully Zaz will give you some pointers - we could all benefit from her advice, her pictures are so great!
    What kind of camera do you have? This is probably relevant, as people with the same type of camera may be able to give you very specific pointers...
    I have a small camera, a Panasonic Lumix, and I pretty much have no clue how most of its functions work! [​IMG]

3. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Wen taking photos zoomed in you will need to steady the camera with a tripod or something steady because it will pick up the slightest movement causing your photo to be blurred,coffee jitters are the worst for blurring zoomed in photos.

The best thing i have found to do when taking candid shots is to change the resolution of your camera to a higher setting which essentially cause a zoomed photo where you can crop out the part you were wanting to capture without worrying about unsteady hands like mine are most of the time.

I only use the zoom for taking photos of things that do not move even from the slightest wind because they always turn out blurry
    Hope this helps

This is taken with zoom and using a tripod
    Taken with fancy camera
    [​IMG]
    taken with point and shoot
    [​IMG]
    taken with fancy camera
    [​IMG]
    taken with point and shoot
    [​IMG]
    These are shot without zoom and then cropped
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    I take photos with a simple point and shoot and then i have one with fancy setting which even after 7 years i know nothing about using them [​IMG] i only learn about things i need otherwise they do not interest me so i don't try to learn about them.

SO YA"LL READY FOR THIS [​IMG] ???????????????????????? GOPRO videos [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have ordered a new computer and it will be here in 10 day, i am ready to learn something new, lots of Videos of pea walk about and more, i was suppose to purchase this for my Birthday back in Feb and never did so since i needed a new puter cause my other is really full of photos i went ahead and got everything to start a new adventure and get back to my digital paintings which i have missed dearly, i am ready to paint a peacock big time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry KsKingBee didn't mean to hijack your thread i am just a bit excited here.

What kind of camera you working with?

5. q8peafowl

q8peafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2014
    Kuwait
    You are doing a great job with your camera ZAZ! well done!

6. KsKingBee

What hijacking? I am interested in anything anyone has to say about photography. I have plenty of room to learn before I can share the kind of photos that ya'll post here. This thread is free to go wherever it will as long as it pertains to photography of some form and posting them for others to enjoy.

Back around 2000 I bought a high quality camera, Sony CD Mavica, MVC CD300, 3.3 megapixels, set me back about a grand at the time and very advanced for its time. The problem was and is, it was also complicated and slow to take pictures. The upside was it put the pics directly on cd in the camera and was easy to manipulate photos on the computer.

A few years ago we wanted a small camera to take to the bee yard that needed to be cheap because it was going to get all kinds of sticky and gunked up. We got a Canon Power Shot A560, 7.1 mega pixels and 4x optical zoom, it is what I primarily use now. The SD card is pretty easy to transfer to the computer to download.

I bought DW a Go-Pro for Christmas and we have experimented a little with it but she is still using her I-Pad for most picture taking.

When it comes to digital picture taking, isn't it mostly the ability of the computer software to manipulate the photos rather than the camera itself?

And, of interest to me, discussion on camera angle, lighting, and settings.

7. q8peafowl

Apr 23, 2014
    Kuwait
    When talking about professional cameras(DSLR cameras) even the lenses is more important than the camera! Most of the beauty will come from the lens not the camera!

1 person likes this.
  8. q8peafowl

Apr 23, 2014
    Kuwait
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  9. KsKingBee

Even this laptop takes pictures, unfortunately only selfies. Worse yet, I can't figure out how to download them. [​IMG]

10. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    If you took the photos with the laptop go look at recent downloads and you should be able to find them on the laptop, at least it seems to me that would be an easy way to find where they were downloaded to [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by