Posting profile pic, just can't seem to find out how to do this

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by purosaviparos, Dec 5, 2011.

1. purosaviparos

purosaviparos Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    I want to post a pic where it says my name, like so many have, but i have checked all the "Profile" options and just cant seem to figure out how. I have uploaded some pics to this site but i want one to appear below my name. How is this done? Sorry for the noobness but I want to show off my featheres friends. Thanks:cool:

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I don't think you can post any pics until you have 10 posts. Then there are instructions on here somewhere, probably under faq's. Go to Profile, choice on the heading on top of this page. Pick Personality. Then you'll see Avatar. Click on Avatar, then click on "browse" It will take you to you photos on your computer's picture file. Click on picture. It will send you back to BYC. It will upload or click upload. And there you have it.

If you need to resize because your pic is too big, you will need some work before you upload the pic.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Go to profile, then personality. You will see where it is from there. [​IMG]

4. purosaviparos

May 18, 2011
    I have some 23 posts, but i am going to try to look it up in the FAQ section. THanks

5. purosaviparos

May 18, 2011
    Quote:Now its there! Thanks a bunch, i thought it was that, it just said avatar and i was like, im looking to post a picture not make an avatar characature of myself, but that did the trick, have any idea what they call those "Tailess" chickes i have as my "AVatar" photo?

6. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Here's Nifty's instructions:

A Quick Update: How To Add An Avatar:

An avatar is the small picture under your userID. Here is how you can add one to your profile:

1) Make sure you are logged in
    2) Click the "Profile" link in the top menu
    3) In your Profile click "Personality"
    4) Make sure you check "Use avatar"
    5) Click "Upload avatar"
    6) Choose an image from your computer.

NOTES: The image must not be any bigger than 100 x 100 pixels and 15240 bytes (15 KB).

If you can't resize your image try the following:

1) Visit: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
    2)
    Browse for the image and set the Custom max size to 100 and click "resize"
    3) Save the resized image to your computer and then follow the steps above.

UPDATES:
    • The avatar system now automatically attempts to resize your JPG or GIF image if it is too big. We still suggest you resize your image before uploading it, but it isn't a requirement.
    • If you uploaded your image and everything seems to have worked properly, but your image hasn't changed, you may need to force refresh your "browser cache". This is simply done by holding down the SHIFT key and hitting F5

VIDEO TUTORIALS:

Uploading an avatar:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/media/wink/avatar.htm

Shrinking an avatar using "IrfanView"
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/media/wink/avatar-shrink.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob - Married to my wife for 11 years and have two daughters, 8 and 5.
    hens: Delaware, Gold Laced Wyandotte, Silver Laced Wyandotte and a couple Ameraucana mixes.
    www.Nifty-Stuff.com | www.TheEasyGarden.com | www.SufficientSelf.com | www.BackYardHerds.com
    Upgrade your BYC Account - Golden Feather Membership

#4 04/08/2007 11:54 pm

Nifty-ChickenAdministrator

7. Sir Birdaholic

I'm old & can't see your pic very well. Are they Rumpless Araucanas?

8. purosaviparos

May 18, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG][/img]

9. eggspresso

eggspresso Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2011
    Seminolewind, thank you for the advice on posting pics!

10. Sir Birdaholic

Nope, not rumpless Araucana. With todays economy, maybe they just can't afford a tail! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by