1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Posting videos

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Melabella, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Melabella

Melabella Overrun With Chickens

Jun 2, 2011
    How does one post a video, do you have to first put it up on a site like youtube, then post it here? I keep trying to post one off of my computer, and I doesn't work.

Thank you for any input.

MB

2. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    Yeah, Youtube/Vimeo are a couple options (no direct vid upload to BYC - yet).

3. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Boy, I wish I could post videos. I mean, there are literally dozens of videos I'd like to share! XD

4. Melabella

Melabella Overrun With Chickens

Jun 2, 2011
    thanks guys.... maybe they will make the ability to do it soon, I don't want to have to upload to Ytube, or vimeo... I guess I could make them private, but still.. another step I don't want to make...

[​IMG]I think it's a great idea!

MB

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  5. jenniemig

jenniemig Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Using vimeo stinks!!! 1 hour to upload a 2 minute video!?!

6. GarciaRanch

GarciaRanch New Egg

Jun 11, 2014
    Yes, I tried to post a video too, but had to post it on YouTube and then insert the URL here. But It told me that it had to go through a moderator first. Is that normal? Will it allow my video to be posted? And if so, when? Because the videos I was going to post is concerning an injured chick I have. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by