Pot-bellied pig in Bristol, TN - free to a good home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hencackle, Nov 28, 2008.

1. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    A friend asked me to post this. She saw the piglet on the side of the road, being attacked by a dog. He's a few weeks old, black & white and is being treated for dog bites by a local vet.

PM me if you're interested.

2. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

I would take it in a heartbeat if I was closer, but we are in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Good luck finding a good home for it.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I would so take this little guy if I were closer!! Good luck finding a home for him.

4. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Awwwww!! Bless his heart. Mean ol' dog. I would love to have it but hubby would freak out if I even asked for another animal. [​IMG]

5. TubbyChicken

TubbyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Kentucky
    I have no idea how far I am from you but would love to (at the very least) rehabilitate him and offer him some respite care and loving.

How big will he get? I've heard they can live indoors...I'm going to mapquest how far I am (Eastern Ky)...

6. TubbyChicken

Jul 30, 2008
    Kentucky
    Looks like we're about 2 hours away...You think he'd be willing to meet me about half way or find some help with transport?

Could you get me a picture? (That would help with convincing my dh to let me take this on) LOL

7. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I would be willing to take him in a heart beat. I already have 1 and she would love a buddy. I am in Georgia though....[​IMG]

Tubby, I sure hope you can get him. The one I have is awesome. She is the sweetest thing ever. Right now she weighs an easy 125lbs. The key to keep them small is to feed them potbelly pig food and nothing more. If you start feeding him other things like scraps, you are gonna have yourself a "hog" not a pig. Goodluck. I hope things work out.

8. TubbyChicken

Jul 30, 2008
    Kentucky
    Quote:If I'm able to take him I might be sending your some PMs full of questions. I'm reading online that piglets that young should still be on milk, I called my TSC and they have some "pig formula" but I can't find anything that says how long they should be supplemented.

I've bottle fed puppies, kittens, raccoon kits and even possums, but this would be my first pig. LOL

9. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

Make sure you don't put shavings in its bed, they will chew on these and choke.

10. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Oh my goodness. A bottle baby [​IMG] . I am sure it should be on milk to. If I am not mistaken a momma pig nurses her piglets for atleast 8 weeks. May be longer. I will have to make a few phone calls. Feel free to pm me anytime.

I use blankets and a pet bed with Lucy (pig). She loves to snuggle up in the blankets.

ETA: search my name. I have a post somewhere on here about a potbellied pig.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by