Pot holes

horsejody

Squeaky Wheel
11 Years
Feb 11, 2008
Waterloo, Nebraska
Pot holes are very bad here this year. I bent one of the rims on my car. This guy has it much worse. This happened in the parking lot of my work this morning. We all had to move out cars because they think it might tip over when they pull it out.
6382_cimg0061.jpg

6382_cimg0060.jpg

6382_cimg0059.jpg

That's terrible!!!! I know they are working hard in our town to get them filled as quick as they happen but it's very difficult this year!! Crazy!!!

Potholes galore in this town. The city does not have much money to put repairs on the roads but they went ahead and made a brick street for two miles and new sidewalks!
somad.gif

When I go out to drop my daughter off to school, those road contruction crews quik slop the potholes just prior to the snow storm and guess what, a week later, the same pot hole rear its ugly head, maaking a bigger hole than it was previously. Yesterday they went back out there, filled it again, with the rain we had that morning. It is not going to work I can tell you that. That black patch will break apart soon enough.

We replaced our shocks last year in our van and we might have to replace it again! Its not cheap! I told hubby we might have to go for the expensive off road shocks for our van because our medium priced, well known brand could not hold up with rough roads in Illinois.

Jody, is there a reason why it sunk like that? Is there a weight restriction on the pavements? Some businesses say NO TRUCKS signs due to the weight. I see the waves or ripples of the parking lot so it must have been a sand pile at one time LOL!

Back
Top Bottom