1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Potato Salad

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by debilorrah, Sep 26, 2009.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I just made it without a recipe. I haven't made potato salad in years and it came out PERFECT!!!!! [​IMG]

I hit enter too soon. Now I have no idea what I did, except for 6 hard boiled eggs. Does anyone have a potato salad recipe using both sweet and dill pickles? I am afraid to try that again!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  2. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Martha Stewart watch out.
    Julia Child...keep garbling your speech.
    Emeril...go bam yourself...
    cuz Chef Debi's IN THE HOUSE

3. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    I don't use an actual recipe. I just boil tatoes, eggs, mix em together, add purple onion and some pickles, maybe olives at times, add some best foods, stir it all up, and yum!

4. debilorrah

Quote:That is what I did! I used both sweet and dill pickles. and I added sugar to some sweet relish. A little mustard too. I have no idea how much of what I used.

5. ibpboo

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Sometimes I use red potatoes. they are really yummy!

6. debilorrah

Quote:When I use red potatoes I add bacon and ranch dressing, only dill pickles. Green onions for that one.

I am just so shocked it came out ok!!!!

7. ibpboo

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Oh ya, bacon, that sounds so yummy! gotta try it!

8. Dragonfly Ranch

Dragonfly Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Happy Valley, CA
    Debi - here is how I make it. Husband HATES pickles so this one without.

I use Yukon Gold potatoes, celery, red onion, fresh parsley, celery seed, salt pepper and 3-4 hard boiled eggs. Everything is eye balled - that looks about right - and the dressing is Best Foods mayo (no other brand is allowed in house) good ole yellow mustard, a splash of red wine vinegar mixed well and tossed into salad. I sometimes add a bit more mayo after it has set for while if it seems to have dried out some.

Works great for me every time and no one seems to miss the pickles - especially my husband. [​IMG]

Sandee

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  9. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    we make potato salad. fry a pound of bacon.. pour hot bacon drippings over warm potatoes . add hard boiled egg. celery, onion, and mayo,, top with crumbled bacon.. delish

10. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Boil potatoes and eggs, add mayo, mustard, dill relish and sweet relish. Garnish with paprika and Voila! Tater salad. Now all you need is some bbq beans and ribs. YUM YUM!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by