Potential Broody Pullet for Sale - Florida

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sweetshoplady, Feb 23, 2009.

1. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    I have a mixed breed full sized pullet who is out of a broody hen. This is her daughter. The chicks favor their mamas and she looks almost exactly like her. If broodiness is genetic, then this little gal will probably be a broody. If she takes after her mama in this, she will not be your best layer as when she goes broody, she'll stop laying until she is done raising her babies. Her mama is about 10 months old and just finished raising her second clutch of eggs. Her daddy is the flock sire.

I will meet you or deliver (depending on where you are) for a fee. This little black pullet is about 6-8 weeks old. She is used to free ranging and good at foraging.

I'm offering her here because of her value as a broody and I'd prefer her to go to a BYCer rather than just anybody.

She is being offered for $7 - an excellent price for a small incubator. I will meet you somewhere if that's more convenient or you may pick her up - I'm on the Gulf Coast of SW Florida.

2. joann

joann Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2008
    Brooksville
    Hi
    Joann here from Brooksville, fl, I am inerrest in your broody hen. But I also have some question. What do you do with your new chick. Have you started a second and different flock or do they all just get a long.

Apitcher would be nice also.

I work in tarpon Spring just north of clearwater, haw far r u?

thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by