Potentially sick bird - poop photos

Grey Gables

Songster
Dec 30, 2019
Ohio
Hi, my almost 7 month old Columbian Wyandotte has seemed a little off the last few days. She still will explore and wander around some but takes breaks and will lay down to rest, which isn’t normal. The last two days she stands still quite a bit. I’ve seen her eat and drink some, but not sure if she’s eating and drinking like normal - hard to say. Her poop has definitely changed. It’s more watery and often a yellow green color.

Got a little nervous for my other birds so I brought my pullet into our sunroom so I could monitor her more closely while working and potentially start to quarantine her.

She definitely seems more lethargic than normal. Her poop is more green today but still not looking normal. Feathers on head are a tad ruffled but only just slightly.

I do have access to a chicken vet but was hoping to get some ideas before going that route. Any thoughts?

05688D3A-E859-4151-85D6-1096B7ED504C.jpeg

FCBECDE5-CCBC-43C4-8DFB-236C3568E0F3.jpeg

She just recently started keeping her beak open. This is new. It’s not constant but I’ve seen her do it a few times already.
75A520F7-BB8B-4B0C-9C04-13522D7272DA.jpeg

I've given my pullet a few syringes of water since she seems uninterested in drinking. She hasn't eaten any of her normal pellets today so I tried giving her a little scrambled egg and she ate that up. She's mostly resting/sleeping at this point. This is the part I hate -- waiting, hoping what I'm doing is working. I never know when to elevate it to "vet level."

She hasn't pooped since earlier this morning. I know she hasn't eaten a ton but she has had some egg. Not sure if that's weird or not. I'm used to chickens being poop machines, so it stuck out to me that she hasn't pooped in awhile.

Back
Top Bottom