Potty on the potty chair for the first time!!! x2 today :D

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by AkTomboy, Nov 3, 2009.

1. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    [​IMG] Whooo Hooooo!! [​IMG]

My 21 month old crib midget asked for my hand then led me to the restroom and signed potty. So I went to sit him on it just to pretend and he said no and unzipped his p.j.'s. So off they came and so did the diaper and he sat promply on the potty chair all by him self and went potty!! Whooo Hoooo!!! Then got up and went and climbed his lil step stool and asked to wash his hands!

Sorry if I seem over stoked but he is my one and only child and I have been dreading the whole potty teaching thing. Im so proud [​IMG] Im sure the long road is still ahead but still Im stoked [​IMG] [​IMG] Thanks for listening to me ramble!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  2. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    That is great! They wont learn until they are ready and your little guy sounds like he is ready. Happy teaching!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Kittens are so much easier...

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I can feel your excitement! The last several months I've been in the midst of potty training ( when they're at my house several days a week) two, 2 year old granddaughters. We're at the point we very rarely have an accident. I never thought I'd be doing potty training again at my age!! [​IMG]

6. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    Quote:I soo agree! I never wanted kids in my life mine is still the one and only baby I have ever held. When my crib midget was around 10 weeks I told my husband that this is bullpucky! My dogs are already potty trained what the heck!!! Im still pretty much at a loss but I guess we will learn as we go just like with everything else [​IMG]

7. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG] I do share in your excitement! I thought I would never get my daughter potty trained! By that time, I was already almost ready to deliver #2. I told hubby that I didn't care if the next one went to school in diapers, I wasn't going through that again! A friend of ours watched our son for a week and potty trained him for us! So, yes. It is a big deal!

8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    May I recommend Toilet Training in Less than A Day? The method is very effective, however it sounds like you're already well on your way [​IMG]

9. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

10. Kanga77510

Kanga77510 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Santa Fe, TX
    Have your crib midget talk to my mine. We're learning to use the potty too. It's been a slow process. Congrats on the tinkle! I hope there are many more in your future.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by