1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Potty training small evil overly opinionated kid

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Mandalina, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    I finally stopped stalling PT'ing my 21/2 yr old yeasterday. The preschool teacher mentioned she needs to be fully PT'ed by july/aug so i finally decided it was time to bite that bullet.

Only problem, the 2 yr old. She is a smart mouthed,sassy,very opinionated,buttheaded little princess. I love her to death, she is just very giving me lots of grey hair:D

Anywho, yesterday was day 1 and she only had one accident. Once she figured out candy was at stake that little sassatude of hers went right out the window. Today she has had 2 accidents but we went out and she did well in a pull up. I am pretty darn proud of her right now!

ok,I am done bragging lol.

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    i have one of those girls too! [​IMG]

3. Chicken Chaperone

Chicken Chaperone Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] at your description of her attitude and calling it sassatude! That's just slayin' me!! My DS has sassatude down in spades! lol!
    And BTW- don't ever be done bragging! I think you're both doing great and say [​IMG] and keep up the great work!!

4. Mandalina

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    [​IMG] sigh. she pooped on my floor next to the potty. i asked her if she expected to get a chocolate chip doing that and she said " i no poo in my undies. chocolate?"

she is sooo lucky she is adorable lol.

And i prob wont ever be done bragging on my herd. They are a great little bunch even with all the sassitudes lol.

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    LMAO!!

"I no poo in my panties!"

LOL!

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I got one of those LOLOL! Gotta love them!

7. Laney

Laney Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Spring Hope, NC
    What I love, is they put you through all of this stress...of training and pushing and then one day they just do it on their own and then look at you like your an idiot for ever thinking they would do it in their pants to begin with.

We just let my daughter go and do it on her own, at 3 1/2 she decided she didn't want to wear pull ups anymore and potty trained herself for daytime. Just one day started using the potty all by herself. We did try potty training at first at 18months but it almost killed us....and so we just let it go. For Night time is another story, but as bedwetting is a big family problem, I didn't ever push that, and the pediatrician agreed. It stopped when it stopped.

Laney

8. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:I have 5 of those little....well um...you know. Gotta love them???? Are you serious? Darn....I knew I was forgetting to do something all these years. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    preschool at 3? wow. anyway, i have to say that pushing it sometimes doesn't work any better. my middle one was a pain to train. i nearly gave up. i let it slide for quite a while and that seemed to help a lot. the first one trained herself at 18 months. she walked up to the potty, pointed and said "pee ma" so i put her there and she went. if only they were all that good HA! i can just imagine how this third one will be. she's already putting me to the test with everything else. she's different from her sisters. loves to climb and isn't afraid of anything.

Good luck
    Sue

10. Mandalina

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    yeah our local preschool teacher offers a 3yr old class that is 1 morning a week and my boys seemed to really enjoy it. Miss Sharron wants them all pt'ed though, if they truly need a pull up that is fine but she wont change it. I knwo Onalia is ready, she is just giving us a hard time lol.
    This morning she said sorry for pooping on my floor when she saw me re-scrubbing the stain:lol:
    She is doing a ton better than my boys ever did. Our old Ped told me to Pt my oldest son starting at 18mths and I listened, that turned into a 2yr battle of wills. I gave up on him for a few weeks after i had Ona and he suddenly was going perfectly fine lol. My second son TJ took 4 or so months to be fully Pt'ed, much easier but I waited until he was over 3 to start bugging him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by