Poultry at the NC State Fair

BlueDevilGirl67

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 30, 2007
Central NC
was awesome this year!. The turkey that won Grand Champion was from Maiden,NC and he was just fantabulous. He kept strutting his stuff and gobbling at the girls. I found two blue muscovy hens that I will be getting myself. I could have stayed in the poultry barn and got happy. My daughter kept admiring the chickens herself while her friends were playing with the babies that NC State Poultry Science Club has for the children to play with. My girl knows what to do. She kept calling me to view a chicken and write down the breed so she can research the breed for possible additions to our flock.

AH.sounds like you had fun.......... I saw some Jersy Giants for the first time at our state fair,,,,man they are HUGE
ep.gif
I want more more more
big_smile.png

yep - you got to stay away from the fair! We only have a very small poultry entry at our local fair (Cabarrus Co, NC) but I tell you, one look at those bantys and I was determined to have some!
tongue.png

My son went to the fair with his school and he was so excited about the breeds he saw.
He has some jersey giants at home so this breed always catches his eye.
He saw a trio at the state fair for $40 -- he said they were grown and they were huge.
Of course he saw the other breeds too but they didn't compare to the giants.
He was so excited about what he saw -- his face was glowing and his eyes were lit up.

(I thought if he'd had the $40, he would have found a way to smuggle those giants back home)
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Now I know what I look like when I get a new chick!

He said there were great exhibitions and all were in good condition and fed and watered, much unlike our local fair.

Back
Top Bottom