1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Poultry at the NC State Fair

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BlueDevilGirl67, Oct 22, 2007.

1. BlueDevilGirl67

BlueDevilGirl67 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2007
    Central NC
    was awesome this year!. The turkey that won Grand Champion was from Maiden,NC and he was just fantabulous. He kept strutting his stuff and gobbling at the girls. I found two blue muscovy hens that I will be getting myself. I could have stayed in the poultry barn and got happy. My daughter kept admiring the chickens herself while her friends were playing with the babies that NC State Poultry Science Club has for the children to play with. My girl knows what to do. She kept calling me to view a chicken and write down the breed so she can research the breed for possible additions to our flock.

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

AH.sounds like you had fun.......... I saw some Jersy Giants for the first time at our state fair,,,,man they are HUGE [​IMG] I want more more more [​IMG]

3. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    yep - you got to stay away from the fair! We only have a very small poultry entry at our local fair (Cabarrus Co, NC) but I tell you, one look at those bantys and I was determined to have some! [​IMG]

4. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    My son went to the fair with his school and he was so excited about the breeds he saw.
    He has some jersey giants at home so this breed always catches his eye.
    He saw a trio at the state fair for $40 -- he said they were grown and they were huge.
    Of course he saw the other breeds too but they didn't compare to the giants.
    He was so excited about what he saw -- his face was glowing and his eyes were lit up.

(I thought if he'd had the $40, he would have found a way to smuggle those giants back home) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now I know what I look like when I get a new chick!

He said there were great exhibitions and all were in good condition and fed and watered, much unlike our local fair.

5. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Quote:I Have one and she is a dumb girl, sweet though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by